Mandalorian without jet pack?

• Thread starter Wannabe Mandalorian
  • Start date
W

Wannabe Mandalorian

I am getting my mandalorian armour soon, i am 5'2", female and slim, i was wondering would my costume look terrible without a jet pack?

Thanks

Not at all. As mentioned on TDH before, there are a few costumers that prefer to go without a jet pack. Especially if they intend to stand for long periods of time. And some folks can't even afford the pack, or they're still putting it together.

One of the benefits is that you get to sit down.

If you get asked about it, just say you left it on board yer ship. :)

:lol: thats always a good excuse

Like I've said in the past, Jaster wears no JP, however, I went the extra mile & got a JP for Jaster, it's just an addition. Now that I have it, I can either wear it or not. Doesn't matter -

I'm in the process of making another... Mandalore (sorta on the DL ;)) but this Mandalore will have no JP

Fine without it.

In fact, you could even try something new, like hanging your cape off the studs on BOTH shoulders, making it look draped low across. You could even have a small "bedroll" pack strapped to your back, a' la Dengar.

Maybe even a gun sling.

Be creative.:D

I would advise you to accept the challenge of scratch-building one! You might suprise yourself with the results! There are lots of people here that will help you with advice.
I volunteer.

Welcome Wannabe. . . The best reference to look into is Mirax!

She is close to your height and has a great Mandalorian reference site.

It is almost a biblical reference for me.

Check it out!

I always thougt that not all the mandalorians wore Jet packs, but different troops wore different things. Some wore missle launchers, some wore battery packs for heavy guns, and so on. If you don't want a jet pack, maybe you could think of another nifty device to wear :D

I think a Mandalore without a Jet Pack is perfectly acceptable. That's the great thing about doing a custom. It can't be wrong. Your design is just that, yours.

The possibilities are endless.

The graphic novel: Jango Fett: Open Seasons shows several units of Mandalorians operating without JP's. So there is no reason why anyone HAS to have one. Mandalorians are trained to be flexible Supercommandos so it's likely under some circumstances a JP could prove more of a hinderance then an asset.

OrtharRrith said:
The graphic novel: Jango Fett: Open Seasons shows several units of Mandalorians operating without JP's. So there is no reason why anyone HAS to have one. Mandalorians are trained to be flexible Supercommandos so it's likely under some circumstances a JP could prove more of a hinderance then an asset.

Like um every mando we have seen in a movie? Both die because of their jet packs...

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back