Chest lights

Folks

I'd like to buy a set of chest lights to fit Wickedbeard chest armour... however it seems that the slits in my armour are 40mm wide and not 50mm wide like some of the chest light boards are...should I increase the length of the slits with some metal files or will a standard chest light board be fine?

Anyway, i'm looking at getting a Fettronics and can't decide board on V2.1.1 - 5 Solid Top Lights or V2.1.2 - 20 Individual LEDs Make Up The Top Lights...

Erm can you let me know which is the best one to go for in terms of screen accuracy..

thx

Shiv

Yikes! I already have a set of Fettronics. :( Any chance of you opening my chest slits to 50mm for me Jeff?

BTW- MY camera went south and the weather's been junk which is why I havent been able to get that to you.

Yikes! I already have a set of Fettronics. :( Any chance of you opening my chest slits to 50mm for me Jeff?

BTW- MY camera went south and the weather's been junk which is why I havent been able to get that to you.

Thats cool bro.I will need the exact opening sizes for both slits(height and width) on the fettronics board.I do not have those measurements.

The slot dimensions should be the standard sizes: Top slot is 5mm x 50mm, the bottom slot is 10mm x 50mm. The top and bottom segments are on separate boards attached with a ribbon cable, so the spacing between the slots can be varied.

The slot dimensions should be the standard sizes: Top slot is 5mm x 50mm, the bottom slot is 10mm x 50mm. The top and bottom segments are on separate boards attached with a ribbon cable, so the spacing between the slots can be varied.

So the space between the slots can be the same as the tk-409 board then?

I would Highly recomend TK409's chest displays(y). $70 is pricy, but the product is truly awesome! Mine just arrived yesterday, and I can't stop plugging it in just to admire it:love.
Both LED module sets are SUPER bright, easily bright enough to shine clearly through green visor material.
Trust me, the video and pics on his sight just doesn't give it credit. These things are SWEET!

Thanks Little Fett...... well i've taken the plunge and have ordered TK409's chest lights..... shipping to the UK was like $20 yikes.... but hey what can one do....
They should fit Wickedbeard's armour "perfectly'ish" as I don't really want to be using a dremel or nail file on his fantastic work...

That is the final bit of my Fett costume ordered.... Now i'm just waiting for things to arrive... lol

Excited am I.... **** right.. hehe

I just got my Fettronics board today...I know this isn't helping your problem, but I just have to tell everyone how impressed I am with it. There isn't really a way of leaving feedback for the guy, so I figured I would boast in here. Very clean build...I was sortof scared it would be fragile and worried about mounting it, but this thing is pretty solid. Bright too and not bad price.

At the end of the day, there seem to be 3 main supplier for chest lights, TK409, Fettronics and Shackman. Nomatter which system you go for, i'm sure they will do the jo splendidly...
I went for TK409 as those asre the dimensions Wickedbeard uses and I prefer a once piece board.As ong as it does what it says on the 'TIN', i'll be happy...

Delivery expected in a few days... woo hoo :)

I'll post up pics so people can see the board...
If anyone wants to post pics of their different boards and put up a review on this thread, please feel free to do so...
The more info we have, the better decisions we can make... :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back