Montrails/Lekku?

RabbitVasque

New Hunter
I'm not exactly sure this is considered a prop, or if it should go into Star Wars costumes, but I'm in charge of putting together the costumes for my friend and I for Celebration.
Because I can't make armor to save me life, and she begged me, we're planning on an Ahsoka/ Shaak Ti duo (Woe, the life of a Mando pretending to be a Jedi).
I've got everything planned out except the headpieces. I have absolutely no idea how to make the montrails and the lekku, and I've seen around the places that I've snooped that Shaak Ti's are no easy feat.
Anyone have any tips at all?

Well, fellow Okie...seeing how both pieces will be "head pieces" your best bet first, is to do a life cast of you and your friend. (i'll make this short as to not type out a 500pg novel)

A life cast made of your head that you can sculpt on top of. Sculpt out the leeku so its made specifically to fit you. Once you sculpt it you can then cast the sculpt in a material like latex or silicone rubber that can then be painted. Then you apply it to your head, and then do a few makeup touches and presto!

Sounds so easy there....but its a pretty complicated process and very Trial and Error.

Actually, just peering through that thread gave me a bunch of ideas for trial and error sorts of bits, but I may definitely shoot a PM over to him.
Thank you muchly.

Theres someone over at the Rebel Legion forums who makes custom
lekku (which I remember look ecxcellent!). Try starting a thread there and you'll get a name for sure. Might be the way to go for the lekku esp. if you find yourself pressed for time between now and C5 (working on 2 stumes).
Mike

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back