Jango Fett Pistols

Those are ok... I ended up hacking it up and putting a metal tube instead of the resin.

For the price, yes they are better than rubies.

If you can find them for a reasonable price, original MR's are the best. Occasionally you can also find some fanmade metal replicas. Cruzer's resin (or rubber) castings of the MR's are very nice. After that you have some lesser quality resin castings of the MR's. Below that would be the Rubies.

Keep in mind what you want to do with those pistols though. If you're gonna go official & troop often, then go with the cheap plastic painted up to look decent as every kid you come across is gonna wanna hold em. I'd never feel very comfortable with MRs in my holster. They weigh a ton and the chance of something getting broken, dropped, lost or stolen is heavy. I know a dude who sat down his MR E-11 at DragonCon couple years back and while he was talking to another guy, someone stole it.

This is true... I did the Star Wars in Concert in Columbus Ohio and had TONS of kids holding my resin blaster (not my metal ones ;) ) and some adult came up and wanted to hold it for a picture and he ended up dropping it and breaking it.

im going to be remaking the resin handles on my MR's in stainless steel (verry similar in color to the paint) on the CNC after im done writing the program for it. so there will be no breakage ever

keep us updated on that bfs1, that might be something more than a few of us might be interested in getting. i'd like to upgrade my resin grips.

Yeah, unfortunately I asked Cruzer about his Westars and he says his mold is shot so he's not making them anymore for the time being.

MR's are insane on Ebay lately too.. ~800! Guess I'll just have to keep a look out. Anyone have any insight on the Ebay "evolution toys" version of the Westar? They're machined aluminum and all, but the version of them with the resin grips just don't look right to me.

Hey Polar, I hope you enjoy my old resin ones... they worked pretty good for my first year as Jango... I fabricated some metal barrels and resin pieces for my new ones, and if I learn to mold I might start making some part resin/part metal ones for the Jango's out there.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back