Why is everything marked new?

tk337

Active Hunter
Why is everything tagged as a new/unread thread everytime I login now? It wasn't like that before. Is there something I can do to fix that?

Yvette

was wondering the same thing....?? do we have to go into all the old threads now to get the "new" post off of the icons?

mine seems to be working fine now...i am on firefox as well, pc...i used that link from Rich, and it first showed no new threads, but i logged out, and when i came back, everything was back to normal...

I'm still having the issue.... when I click New Posts it's showing New Posts and then all posts that haven't been updated but still have unread posts.... this isn't how the forum used to work, New Posts would literally just display New Posts....

can this functionality be put back to how it used to work? Otherwise I have to continually go into my profile and mark all posts as read each time or the number of pages displayed on New Posts just keeps going up and up

Well, now it doesn't seem to updating anymore. When I log out and then back in, the same stuff that was marked as new is the same stuff marked as new when I log back in minus the few threads I read. Is there an easy way to mark all things as read prior to logging out?????

Well, now it doesn't seem to updating anymore. When I log out and then back in, the same stuff that was marked as new is the same stuff marked as new when I log back in minus the few threads I read. Is there an easy way to mark all things as read prior to logging out?????

I have a theory on this... I think vbulletin changed this behavior in a recent update.

phpbb did the same thing. It used to be that when you logged out, everything was marked as read. In the 3.0 release they changed it so that read/unread is remembered.

For those of us that switch between 3-4 desktop/laptop/mobile devices over the course of a day, this is really helpful.

Once I've read everything I'm going to read, I click "Mark forums read" under the quick links menu on the forum homepage. That sets everything to read, and I'm done.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back