Star Wars: Force Unleashed II announced

I liked the original, but it definitely could have been more polished. It didn't live up to the potential that the next gen consoles have. I hope they make this one closer to Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4. I would love to have open world option like the GTA series.

I'm completely opposite, I can't stand these "sandbox" games. I'm old school and prefer specific tasks to do rather than getting lost in some useless side mission. Just polish up the gameplay and add bigger environments, and I'll be more than happy.

I'm completely opposite, I can't stand these "sandbox" games. I'm old school and prefer specific tasks to do rather than getting lost in some useless side mission. Just polish up the gameplay and add bigger environments, and I'll be more than happy.
Now if only the game were in an 8-Bit sidescrolling environment, then I'd be all over it ;)

I agree with that. Sandbox games just don't have that same good ol' fashioned feel.

I really would have preferred Battlefront 3, but Force Unleashed was good and I'm really looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see how the story plays out!!

I enjoyed the original game. It took me back to the old Dark Forces days but with a whole lot more force powers whipping around. Sure it had some repetitive and frustrating bits, but honestly I challenge you to find a game that doesn't.

I'm looking forward to this.

And I'll take a pass on the sandbox as well. That works very well for certain kinds of games (GTA, etc.) but does not carry over as well for games that are out to achieve a specific story. In honesty, I felt the sandbox is one of the biggest detractors from games like Assassin's Creed and Infamous. The freedom of movement is great, but the lack of direction (or frequent side-direction) is wearying and takes focus away from the story.

I agree -I much prefer a scripted storyline to self directed gameplay.
It's like buying a videogame and a comic book in one. Looking forward
to TFU2.
Mike

I heard somewhere (or at least I think I did) that someone posited the possiblity that the as yet unidentified Rancor throwing creature could be a Mythosaur. Any ideas?

I'm currently playing TFU and I love it. You guys gotta realize that the game was developed for PS2 as well, so I hear that only the graphics are better. I'm playing it on PS2 right now since the three-six has the ring of death. Two guys at work have the game for different consoles, wii and 360. So far between all of us talking about it, it's the same game. So that's why it isn't up to par with other games that are PS3 and 360. Just my 2 cents. I can't wait to be able to play number two. It's going to be sick.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back