Flip This Fett.... the AB Upgrade Project (501st Certified)

Here's a couple of WIP pictures from Slave1Pilot. He's handling the paint on my BM armor upgrade. I asked for a Cadillac (as if Nathan ever does anything less) and the thing that is really cool thing about these pictures is, in Nathan's own words, "there's still along way to go." Can you imagine?

Also updated post no. 1 with JP mods.

Justin%20145.jpg

Justin%20143.jpg

justin156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoying this thread. It's what TDH is all about... perfecting the art!

I was trying to wait for the completed Slave1Pilot armor photos, but I get excited. I guess patience is not a virtue I possess. So here are the latest WIP pix from Nathan. He's added more of the weathering effects and the SE splatter effects. Cool, huh? The man's got some sick talent.

Also, revised Post No. 1 to include flipped gloves.

Justin%20176.jpg

Justin%20178.jpg

Justin%20179.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the armor fellas. Here are the final completion photos from the master....Slave1Pilot. Oooooo! Ahhhh!

And thanks Nathan for the stellar work. (Updated on Post No. 1 as well)

Justin%20196.jpg

Justin%20218.jpg

Justin%20186.jpg

Justin%20209.jpg

Updated Thread No. 1 with Flak Vest information. Also, here are a few more SideWinder blaster pictures in case you are interested. I thought I would include a picture is artificial light and one in natural light. The stock is truly a work of art, especially for resin.

DSCN1282.jpg

DSCN1285.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

DSCN1291.jpg

This weekend (well really for the past several weekends), I reworked my ROTJ braids into an SE version. They are not quite there, but close enough to publish. I just have to do a little reshaping of the tails. Updated post no. 1 with these pictures.

DSCN1334.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

Well I have been MIA for a while. I am in the process of relocating with my company from South Carolina to Oregon. I am also moving into a different field so there is lot's of change. At the moment, I am flying back and forth every two weeks while trying to work 60 hours a week, get our house on the market, and search for a new house. The little bit of time I have at home, I spend with my son, but the good news (for me at least) is that April 2-12, I will be on vacation. Outside of the JW boots, I have all the parts to complete this project during my vacation. I recently received the crazy4bobafett flightsuit, vest, and pouches. Totally blown away. It cannot be beat. It's on par with the likes of BobaMaker, BBF, MOW, FP. Look for final update in the coming weeks.

I got al the pieces together this weekend at took the suit out for a test run at a 501st event at the Science Museum in Greenville, SC. I still have JW Boots to add and Russell Rep toe spikes. Also, I need to have the neck seal tailored to take out some of the slack. A could other minor adjustments for fit-up issues and I should be done (at least that's the theory). I'll post comparative pictures of the pieces in a few weeks when I am done traveling. What do you guys think? I used coffee grounds (thanks sonik), a rusty can, shoe polish paste, paint & stain overspray, and charcoal to get the weathering.

100_6604.jpg

100_6605.jpg

Love the weatherin, bruv. I'd go with a touch more of the Kiwi at the bottom of the legs and toes of the boots (and dirty up that vest and neckseal). But that is one impressive (and realistic lookin) Fett. Also, that sidewinder looks slick as it gets. :)
Huge thumbs up.

Sonik...thanks for the comments. When I get the JW Boots, I'll implement your thought. The vest is actually dirtier than it looks. I weathered it, but because of the slight sheen to the material, it doesn't seem to show up on photos (reflects the flash). Still, I might go a little heavier on the vest. The coffee method is real clutch. Thanks for the tip.

No problem, bruv. It really does look great. Try hand rubbing Kiwi lightly on the vest, it'll knock down some of the reflectivity.

Justin WOW!!! I am just now getting around to seeing this Thread, I've been really busy as of late.
But.... it looks great all together! Pretty amazing feeling huh? To have it together.
Congratulations very nice to see this done(y)
Thank you for the praise and that's very flattering, really.
Christi

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back