Iron Man Armor

Alrighty then. sounds cool. Most people recognise armor merely for it's shape. Iron man looks like iron man whether he's red, black, or for that matter, pink. Yeah, gross. But still, I respect your decision. Hey, It's YOUR armor! I WOULD recommend though that you weather it, like scratches, chipped paint, and maybe put some really thin black paint in crevices and edges. That will make it a lot more realistic. Again though, perfect condition iron man armor doesn't look too bad... just helping you with ideas!

That Awesome Buxzzix,
I just have one question, are you gonna use resin to make it strong or just sand it?
can't wait your full finish armor.

No, i dont want to use resin or fiberglass because my mum dont want buy them xD

Im using few layers of thick paper to stiffen it :)

Sorry for no updates but here is one. Spine is completed in 40%

sn8519932.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi buxzzix,

I know resin with fiberglass is very expensive and difficult to applicated.
And I salute you because u find other way to build your armor with your own.
frankly, I try to build my own armor too. but still find other material that fix with my budget... lol
but in here there is person who build takosatsu (kamen rider) armor from the newspaper material. He use the white glue to stiffen it.
did you use white glue too?? or use super glue??
about to sand the armor, do you use material like bondo or something??
thanks

Hymmm.... Im using normal white glue (Gluce stick, and glue called Vikol/Wikol), and paper-mache. If you want to stiffen your armor use Bandage and Tapestry Glue, Whan it dry its harder twice times than paper-mache. This techic with Tapestry Glue is not much expensive but expensive ;p This technic is very hard.

You dont know how im sanding paper mache? Hymm I will tell you.
Im dont using bondo and other stuffs, Only paper-mache and sandpaper. When paper mache dry (30 minutes) you can sand it. Whan you find imperfections you can make Paper-Mache layer on this area again and sand it. Its very easy and practically no costs.

Sorry for my english.

PS. You are making your own armor? :D Can you add some photos right here? In my topic? THANKS

Hi there! Sorry for NO UPDATES cause my camera was broken :\

Hmm i bought a 2 Sprays, Grey Basic and Gold for some parts.
dsc03096jl.jpg

dsc03099n.jpg

dsc03097k.jpg

And here is basic color on my helmet

dsc03101v.jpg

dsc03100b.jpg

Hope You Like It.

Helo again! I painted basic color on my shoulder bells. Now they drying. When they dy i will test them :D

Here is a photo
dsc03113qbh.jpg

hey dude, wow you are a hero for sure and gonna grow into a warrior, i think you'll outgrow this armour too soon you know! but hey... did you use card to glue/stick the helmet together. or was it paper, because you use the paper mache technique in your images below this post. anyway im just so impressed. with you, grandma, and the team of stark bartek industries goin on over there in sunny poland. by the way i visited Poland a few times, to Bialystok, WARSAW, Krakovw, and numerous places. i do love the people and scenery, you also have two birthdays dont you!?, lucky bugger!
UPDATE!!!
I make new helmet. Just look!
dsc02943g.jpg
w320.png

dsc02944.jpg
w320.png

dsc02950gy.jpg
w320.png

i had the idea of using something like this shoulder holster stylee to attatch the arm, i think it doesnt cut into the neck and is really comfortable.
i will post the image of my holster, but i only just cut the pieces of the costume out so i dont have anything to show at this moment in time.
also my helmet that i got from the 405th is i think mkiii or earlier, it doesn't seem as flat faced as the mkvi or v. but i like the look of it and also i have a predator mask which i'm working on. additionally am gonna try to make MEGA iron man legs for the pro jump stilts i have, these stilts and this costume i think will be fun inside the dance clubs here. especially with attached laser blasters (repulsers). oh by the way i saw you were using paper, so no need to update my last question. luckilly i have this art studio near my house and next door they have this paper card print shop, they closed and i got a small stack of card, i think enough for 2 full costumes. totally lucky on that one. and i found a cheap stockist of glue manufacturers in yorkshire, so it hasn't cost me more than £50 but i guess that some things will be mounting up soon.
UPDATE!!!
Right leg is Pepped and ready to stiffening and Paper-Mache. But first i must resize the Thigh piece. Its too big.
dsc00011pt.jpg

dsc00010wg.jpg

dsc00009.jpg

And left forearm is full paper-mached. It waiting for sand and paint. Sorry for my dirty t-shirt, this is paper-mache glue :p
This black rope is attachment of arm.
dsc00012jk.jpg

Hmm... RADIATION come to Lodz (Łódź) Im living there. Now is snowy and im waiting weather will be better then I dress up my armor and i go on city :D

Keep up your build of two suits.

PS. I understand your post in 70% xD My english is not so good :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back