Iron Man Armor

Photo with helmet and left arm.
sn851911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, what paper are you using to pepakura with? Cardstock, or regular printer paper? How does it hold up to paper-mache? Anyway, killer work! and awesome grandma you've got! ;)

Im using normal Cardstock paper. Hmm... You dont know how to make paper-mache? Srry i dont understand your question. Can you reply to this topic. Greetings from my site.

Sorry, kinda bad way to phrase my question. I was wondering if when you lay the mache on, does the paper start to sag and bend on you? That's what I was asking, and 2 more things. How hard does that stuff dry? Is there flex in the piece? of is it solid? And do you mache the inside, outside, or both? Thanks for advising, never considered using trhe stuff... got a whole container in the basement though. and I must say, you work is amazing! keep it up!

This stuff when dry is very hard. If you make 3 - 5 layers, IT IS VERY VERY VERY HARD. You can sanding, drilling and painting this. Parts are hard and almost nothing bend.

PLAN HOW I WILL WEAR THE CHEST PIECE
guziki2.jpg

guzikil.jpg

zawias.jpg

Excellent! Thank you! I think this might help in both halo costuming and a clone... hmmm... Thanks! And sorry to be a total pain, but how do you plan on preparing it for paint? Body filler? And currently, is it smooth?

Iron Man

Until now I used:

Cardboard - You know what is this

Cardstock
dsc00002ns.jpg

The brown card that is on the end of the technical block
dsc00003wf.jpg

Then the brown paper i cut into small rectangles
dsc00004gy.jpg

Next, I glue them into this think. This is very hard. I put this brown paper into inside of armor. Now armor is stiffen.
dsc00006y.jpg

Next, I make a Paper-Mache outside of the armor. I will sand Paper-Mache layer and paint it.

TankBoy

Whan you made Paper-Mache layer and you sand it, it will be smooth.

Preparing for paint? Hmm... I have a normal spray (Sweet Red and Sun Gold), First i sand a paper-mache, next I spray a hardening lacquer, whan it dry, i will pant this on Mark III colours.

PS. I dont use body fillers because in my country this product is very expensive, and sorry for my english what is not so good :D

The lacquer... great idea! You're awesome man! I think you should write up a tutorial on making paper mache pepakura! (if you want to, pm me the text and I can refine the english some) and while i'm on that, you're english is pretty good! I can understand you perfectly. I wasn't aware I could sand paper mache. It's great for cheapskates like me! Thanks so much for the help, and I wish you a lot of luck on building this! can't wait to see it finished! Body filler isn't too bad over here, but yeah, country-to country it can get expensive. Keep it up, and you'll be looking like Tony Stark in no time!

Actually, possible clone, but mainly I want to finish up some Halo Peps I started. Mom doesn't like bad-smelling chemicals. Paper mache is the greatest. Once I get something done, I'll post it in my own thread here.
I'm almost finished pepping a Mk. V suit, and I have a halo 2 odst helmet i want to finish. I'm thinking about also making a custom Mk. VI suit, but not for a while

UPDATE!!!
Right leg is Pepped and ready to stiffening and Paper-Mache. But first i must resize the Thigh piece. Its too big.
dsc00011pt.jpg

dsc00010wg.jpg

dsc00009.jpg

And left forearm is full paper-mached. It waiting for sand and paint. Sorry for my dirty t-shirt, this is paper-mache glue :p
This black rope is attachment of arm.
dsc00012jk.jpg

TankBoy, place your progress of armor here, in my thread, good idea :D I will see your pepped pieces of armor. If they will be ready, place the photos.

New photos from Iron Man Mark III Buxzzix Project.

Thigh is stiffen in 40%
dsc00017gq.jpg

dsc00016lz.jpg

This is toe/heel guard. I would like to make them parts to moving. They will be hung on hinges.
dsc00018mm.jpg

dsc00019si.jpg

dsc00020vy.jpg

I would like to also do a special hinge to bend the knee, as well as to bend the elbow.
dsc00023w.jpg

This is this special hinge :D
dsc00022vp.jpg

Hinge will be attached like on thiese pictures.
dsc00024ei.jpg

dsc00025tv.jpg

I have a small problem. I do not know how to attach shoulder bells. They must be moving. Could someone help me. Maybe send some ideas.

I suppose you could attatch them at the center ring on the front and rear of the bell. If you do, though, you'll just wind up with a pauldron that moves up and down...

Maybe you could do a thin suspension rig like most Stormtrooper armor uses.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back