Assassin's Creed - Altair

That means alot!! It was much work to get it to look this way, with a lot of sewing and cheating on techniques... but it worked!!

Thanks again!!

I finished the gauntlet, the end bit of this clip shows the thing as it is now:

Last edited by a moderator:
sdc1235625.jpg

Not much progress, though I have begun to work on the red sash that is behind the waist belt itself. It's taking forever to complete this thing...

Perhaps not the first choice of material when thinking about a leather part, but I think it' ll be fine once I' m done detailing it and painting it.

sdc1374825.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

@forcebewithya: I realised this... a while ago, but I think we have up to 3 or 4 costumes now of the same characters...
It' s not on-purpose, I hope you donnot mind... for one thing I have to admit you have great taste!!! :p

Thanks guys!!!

@forcebewithya: I realised this... a while ago, but I think we have up to 3 or 4 costumes now of the same characters...
It' s not on-purpose, I hope you donnot mind... for one thing I have to admit you have great taste!!! :p

lol that's fine by me I actually really enjoy seeing other people's take on costumes I've done. I scour the internet looking for new AC cosplays lately when I'm bored. But yeah yours does look cool. Which ones do we have all in common I know Link, Fett, Altair...any others?

I meant to ask you something though. One thing I LOVE about your costumes is how your metal bits always look a bit rusty what method do you use to give it that effect. I usually weather my costumes but usually with darker black colors.

Forcebewitya.

Ha ha ha, yeah those 3, that about sums it up... but for me that's about my entire costume gallery :p ' cept for Snake

Thanks for the compliment!!! That means alot coming from someone who has done the same projects with an incredible amount of time and detail build into them.

My weathering usually consists of very bright colors, like red, blue and bright brown.
I spray or rub those over the allready painted part. After that I might add washes in the same color, or the one of the base color.
Once that is done I tone down the whole thing with an antracite, black or grey matt primer... depending on what color the part needs to be. So metal parts some times recieve a final silver or grey primer coat, after the weathering layers.

I hope that helps a bit? That's the way I do most of my parts anyways.

Chest symbol is bogus, just something to hold everything in place.

Need to do more knives, boots, symbols for the scabbard, the right arm bracer and ofcourse the trousers and sweater for underneath it all...

test2ye.jpg

Ha ha ha, yeah those 3, that about sums it up... but for me that's about my entire costume gallery :p ' cept for Snake

Thanks for the compliment!!! That means alot coming from someone who has done the same projects with an incredible amount of time and detail build into them.

My weathering usually consists of very bright colors, like red, blue and bright brown.
I spray or rub those over the allready painted part. After that I might add washes in the same color, or the one of the base color.
Once that is done I tone down the whole thing with an antracite, black or grey matt primer... depending on what color the part needs to be. So metal parts some times recieve a final silver or grey primer coat, after the weathering layers.

I hope that helps a bit? That's the way I do most of my parts anyways.

ah cool. That's really interesting. I usually stick to using a dark grey wash then wiping it away. I'll have to experiment some more with other colors.

This is looking great so far.

Forcebewitya.

A little make-up test, has to be perfected, but it's a first try.

The scar is to prominent but might make it stand out more at a convention.

I' ll test some more:
altair_make_up_test_by_rbf5247-d30st95.jpg

I' m all done now, I' ll wear this costume upcoming weekend at an event.

Excellent work my friend. Attention to detail is amazing.
I know it's jumping the gun a bit but after your finished up with this do you think you might have a go at Ezio? I would love to see that.

Thank you! I appreciate it!!

Well... Time is gonna be the main thing. I initially chose for Altair because I like the character more.

Who knows, I might one day.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back