Custom dagger

Getal Gratua

New Hunter
Su'cuy, ner vode! I'd just like to show off my latest weapon: a custom dagger. This thing has been sitting around for some time, and I only got to finish it last night. Hope you like it! I also posted this same post in other forums that I frequent, in case you saw it there!

This custom blade was cast from a silicone mold, itself cast from a master made using mounting board and plasticine (a playdoh-type material). The master itself was actually only half of the dagger, so the final product is identical on both sides.

The prop is resin cast, then painted silver. I used acrylic paint and brushed in the bone white and gold accents. Weathering was also done using acrylic paints, a brush and a piece of household sponge.
Well, enough talk, let's go on to the pics:

PC020362.jpg

After attaching the two sides, sanding and filling, and the silver paint​

PC020367.jpg

Accents and some weathering added.​

PC030370.jpg

Closeup of the hilt, before wrapping it in cloth.​

PC030371.jpg

The final product, hilt wrapped in Thai silk with leather thong and beads.​

PC030378.jpg

Closeup of the hilt, finalised.​

I have also made a plain leather hilt for the dagger, and I plan to weather the grip and the leather thong. With some modifications, it can be turned into a spear blade. However, it can also fit into several other genres, I think, which means that I can re-use the dagger on other kits! The wooden beads are vintage: I got them from a door blind that's about 20 years old. There you have it! :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back