*New update* both gauntlets finished *pictures*

Defiler

Active Hunter
I have finished painting the right gauntlet but still have a few details to finish. Thanks to my Canadian friend for the aluminum gauntlet darts, they are fantastic(sorry for the crappy picture but I asure you that the detail is dead on to the original). I still need to buy some black pastel color to turn it into powder for the black weathering on the gauntlets, attach the other brass fitting for the right gauntlet and the small tube that go above the darts.

LMK what you guys think, if I need to improve anything.

rg2.jpg

rg4.jpg

rg6.jpg

rg7.jpg

rg8.jpg

rg11.jpg

LG2.jpg

LG3.jpg

LGI.jpg

Lookin' good so far! That's a good idea, using a skeleton for structural support. Any pics of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I thought of taking the pictures of the inside of the flamethrower unit after it was closed. But what I did was divided the inside in sections with thick cardboard in the same way a ship's skeleton is constructed. I did this to prevent the outer walls to collaps due to heat or time.

Looking really really good, Defiler. Nice work. If mine look half as good when they are done, I'll be pleased!

Si

Very nice!
I look forward painting mine. Hope they will turnm out as nice as yours.

-Micke

Thanks guys, many of the scratches cant be seen and the rocket is more weathered than it looks in the pictures (crappy webcam). I will start working on the right gaunt this week. :)

wow that looks really good, great work.

Defiler wrote:

LMK what you guys think, if I need to improve anything.

Just a nice coat of green on there and they'll be just about perfect! :p

Nice lookin' gauntlets buddy.

And those gauntlet darts . . . they look great! ;)

Jer

Hey Defiler, make sure that there's a way for you to attach the hoses to the right gaunt. Two from the same place you have the connector, and one coming from the top "thing" sticking out. There's 3 of total hoses coming from the right gauntlet and none from the left (which looks terrific!) if you're going ROTJ version.

Robert

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back