INTEREST: LOWER COST METAL HARNESS RIG

Question for those who have expressed interest:

I had originally modeled this harness late in 2007 using pics I found on Yahoo of the original. I realized later that they came from this forum (y). A couple week ago, I modified the bend radius hoping to keep the cost down. I am a little concerned about fit.

So my question to you: How similar are the openings at the bottom of the back armor between armor makers? Anyone care to post the height and width of the bottom cut-out on their back armor?

I would appreciate your help. I am posting revised views of the harness. Only small differences. Cross bar mount is now .5 x 8.1, was 1 x 9. Added rivets to show cross bar attachment. The logo I just could resist :). But way to expensive for laser engraving :(

:cheers

xb Jet Pack Harness Rig_back.JPG

xb Jet Pack Harness Rig_iso back.JPG

xb Jet Pack Harness Rig_front.JPG

xb Jet Pack Harness Rig_iso front.JPG

xb Jet Pack Harness Rig_detail a.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be very interested in getting on this list, however, christmas is not a good time of year for me to be buying more boba fett. is there any chance of another run sometime in the future? i'm sure i'm not the only one in this situation. if that's not possible, then how soon are you planning on starting this run?

my BobaMaker back opening is 16cm wide and 8cm high

i'd be very interested in getting on this list, however, christmas is not a good time of year for me to be buying more boba fett. is there any chance of another run sometime in the future? i'm sure i'm not the only one in this situation. if that's not possible, then how soon are you planning on starting this run?

nogga_nootch: Thanks, bro.

saint_nasty: I don't think anyone here is in a hurry. Personally, I'd like to run this asap. But don't worry, whenever this happens, there will be extras.

FYI for all interested parties:

After the holidays, the fabricator will supply me with a production sample against the PO I am hoping will follow. I have not given him CAD for the lower hooks yet. Will get those over for quote tomorrow. As I said in the original post, you can count on the production sample to look as good (most likely better) than the CAD images.

There is a fair amount of interest. Would like to get a few more folks on board. If interested please read the original post, and remember, this run is for harness frame (and possibly, lower hooks) only.

Thanks for your interest.

:cheers

Update:

Cad files are going to the fabricator on Monday, 4 Jan 2010

I will be sending files for the upper and lower hooks for quote. This was not included in the original quote for the harness frame. I will post the package price for harness and hooks. At that time, I will need to ask for interested parties commitment by way of payment. As I said before, expected turn around from the fabricator is 2-3 weeks. I will need commitments from at least six buyers, other than myself, to make this happen.

Please watch for updates here.

Thanks all

Still waiting on the quote. Here are pics exported from SolidWorks of what they are looking at.

So...is anyone still interested at this point?

Jet Pack Harness Rig REV 2_b.JPG

Jet Pack Harness Rig REV 2_a.JPG

Jet Pack Harness Rig REV 2_c.JPG

Well brothers, this is it !

Please see original post for price update and SolidWorks JPEGS of the the final configuration as sent to fabricator. Those of you that have already expressed interest, I need PM's stating your commitment.

I would like to get this run started ASAP. 10 is the number I need to get quantity prices. I need a minimum of six others, beside myself, to place the order. I'll eat the cost of the leftovers just to make this happen. Once I have these stated commitments, I will start a new thread in The Cargo Hold and begin taking payments.

To anyone interested from this point on, please do not post here unless you are serious and ready to commit with payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks beautiful to me. I wonder if you shouldn't go ahead and start a thread in the Cargo Hold with a link back to this thread jus tto stir the pot. I'm thinking there might be more foot traffic on that street--maybe just enough to reach your minimum limit.

If it comes down to it, I might be convinced to get a second one just to get the ball rolling.

Looks beautiful to me. I wonder if you shouldn't go ahead and start a thread in the Cargo Hold with a link back to this thread jus tto stir the pot. I'm thinking there might be more foot traffic on that street--maybe just enough to reach your minimum limit.

If it comes down to it, I might be convinced to get a second one just to get the ball rolling.

PM coming your way.

anything going on with these still? i'm still interested, and i hope others are as well, i'm just looking at my finances and thinking i could afford it pretty soon.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back