"FPH" Helmet - NEW OWNERSHIP

fettpride

Well-Known Hunter
Hi Everyone,

As most of you may have noticed, I recently posted interest for letting go of my FPH Molds (Fettpride Helmet). There's a lot of history behind this helmet. It's brought out the best, and worst in quite a few of us over the years due to the initial controversy when it was debuted in 2007.

Since that time it has become one of the most popular fan made helmets, and revered by some to be the best. As I said in another thread, I do realize that does sound arrogant - but it really isn't meant that way. More of an ode to the other members involved in it's development, as I only played a small part (the grunt work) :lol: It was quite a collaboration to say the least :cheers

Still as popular as ever, I've been asked repeatedly why I would let it die by selling it off. I certainly am not. Over the last month I've discussed someone else carrying on the FPH - with more than a handful of capable members. Much like an interview process, I wanted to make sure the next member to take the reigns on this won't get bored with it and set it aside. I know there are quite a few waiting for this announcement so you know who to go to. Recently an agreement was reached and the time has come to make it official.

The FPH will continue to be produced by our own "Grifter".

Alex has been around the boards for quite some time and is a great guy. Above all else, I wanted to make sure that this will go to someone who can be trusted amongst the membership here at TDH. I believe Alex is your man :cheers

Alex and I still have to iron out a few casting techniques and procedures on how I made these so that the continuity can live on as well. I would expect that Alex will be making these available after the beginning of the year, but ultimately it is up to him. From this point forth, I no longer have any say in the matter. So that everyone is clear, I have passed the rights to Alex 100%.

I hope you all welcome him - and wish him luck in his endeavor :cheers

Best,

Chris

Wow, congrats to Grifter! One heckuva helmet indeed. It was the nicest cast I've worked on to date.
The only way it could have been better is if it were made of candy.

Mmmmm. . . delicious candy. :lol:

Hopefully he'll still be able to provide these for some Fett-heads out there!

Thanks Chris for the intro. :cheers

Who is Grifter? :confused I have been a Fett fan since I was 5 and have slowly built my ESB Fett since 07. I started my Star Wars costuming with my Sandtrooper in 05. Some might know me from the MEPD. Some might know me from the Starship Troopers Whiskeyoutpost.net site. But TDH is where I really call home.

You guys might know me more of a buyer then a seller on TDH. I plan to change that with the purchase/passing of the torch of the FPH master. I have wanted to learn the skills of prop building since I started costuming. The oppportunity to learn from a skilled artisan like Fettpride and to learn the skills on the FPH master was something I couldn't pass up.

Fettpride will be teaching me step by step how he made the FPH for buyers so I will be producing them using the same materials/techniques and include the same parts Fettpride originally offered during his run.

So where does the FPH fit into the new line of Fettpride helmets? I'll have Chris explain that when he is ready. (y)

For now I am just waiting on a few items and instructions before everything is finalized with Chris. From there I plan to make the FPH for the TDH community.

Alex

Congats, Alex! Chris, kudos to you for lookin out for the community rather than just tryin to recoup and be done with it. :)

after you get everything, when are you planning on making these available? also, will you be making them in runs, or on a individual order basis?

Saint_nasty, I want to get these going asap. I was looking into doing runs, but I would be open to individual orders if I have the supplies available.

I am brand new to TDH but I've already heard about the legend of FettPride around my garrision and around the legion. This is truly a great time to be building a Boba. I am honored. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back