Scratch Build Helmet

Jango 425

Active Hunter
300th Post yay(y)(y)(y)(y). Ok for my 300th I thought I'd go crazy and do a tutorial on a scratch build helmet. Since It's Thanksgiving I probably won't do anything but I thought I would let everyone know about this.
Thanks
Jango 425

ok now that mom is pleased w/ my room I figured I'd start
so got my work area
002-7.jpg

and the stuff I need for assembly right now
003-2.jpg

thats all just thought I'd let you know 'bout what u r going to need

lol I love how u have the forums pulled up on ur laptop there right next to your workbench! Is the boba bobblehead mandatory? lmao

take the dome base and slide it into the top to were it rests on the ledge thats made by the inner surface and the outer surface. that will keep the shape nice vod.

thanks jason
ok me and mom just got back from the store and got some fiberglass resin and the resin cloth thats all for now

All right. Did you print out ALL the templates? They are all important. To solve your shape problem, make sure you have the helmet base sheet cut out. I cut that out, taped it to the bottom of my helmet and cut most of it out, leaving a rim around the edge. I've been taking it off as I'm applying bondo and fg but for initial shape the HELMET BASE is essential.
FGResinPart1011-1.jpg

See how there's a rim on the bucket?

Hope that helps!

400 th post thanks guys sorry for the lack of prog. k for christmas i got some matboard and i'm going to use that for the helmet.

if you plan on making more than 1 bucket, the helmet base can be made of something a little more premenant like a piece of fiberboard or something, then you can tape the bucket to it until you get the resin coat on, then pop it off and glass the interior. Kinda like a jig. I plan on making one when I get settled in at the parent's place.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back