Chewbacca

Ron Perlman, absolutely !! We could have a Quest for Fire costume club ! Or not..

I was hoping to be the first to notice that, but I'm too late : (

If only Ron Pearlman had let me to a lifecast of his face it would have saved me some sculpting!

Actually a Hellboy costume is another one that I would love to try!

very nice job so far. it looks like you have the hair installation down! most wookiees i see look like they are having a bad hair day, but yours looks right from the get go.
can't wait to see the head. keep up the great work.

Very cool, you're really coming along. Jeez, I can't imagine tying on all those little hair bunches!
I can't wait to see the finished product(y).

The end of latch hooking the suit is nigh!!!! Need to add a little more brown mix to cover up some of the grey around the waist area, reckon another 4 to 5 hours should do it.

The arms have taken a lot longer because I am latching every second loop for the most part or even every loop in some areas. The hair will need some trimming and thinning out because of this.

Shirtnearcomplete.jpg

That is looking great. I have been wanting to do this myself for a while now. I think you have just kicked me over the edge of starting it. My wife says thanks alot. :)

They latch hooking is comnplete, woo hoo, just minor tweaks needed, will post pics tomorrow.

Meanwhile I have being making progress on the skull!

Sculpt all greased up ready for moulding!
Facemould1.jpg

Jesmonite mould, approx 3 layers!
Facemould2.jpg

Negative, looking positive!
Facemould-1.jpg

The next step was to remove a layer approx 5mm from the sculpt and carve out the underskull.
Rough and ready but will be smoothed out before moulding.
Underskull-1.jpg

I then cast a temp gelatin skin to act as a guide for building up support.
Gelatinface.jpg

Just waiting on RTV silicone before I mould the skull.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOOKS GREAT!! But instead of taking off 5mm. of clay for the underskull cant you just add 5mm. of clay to the negative mold, smooth it out, and then pour plaster into it?

LOOKS GREAT!! But instead of taking off 5mm. of clay for the underskull cant you just add 5mm. of clay to the negative mold, smooth it out, and then pour plaster into it?

Yes you can, that's the way Daniel Tirinnanzi does it for his amazing animatronic gorilla head that was used in the Cadburys commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96tKcfADWQ

But I decided to do it this way, didn't take too long and will be as effective!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back