My First Mando Armor Attempt

TwistedFett

New Hunter
Hey everyone! This is my first actual attempt at creating a custom mando armor.

Ok, so I work at Best Buy and I managed to get plastic and cardboard signs that aren't being used at the store anymore. With the plastic signs, I cut out the templates for the chestpieces and since they are so flimsy and plastic they were easy to tape and bend on the trash can. The cool thing about them being plastic is that they are reusable if you keep them in good condition. Here are some pics of what I have done so far. It's not much but I'm getting there.

My friend had this awesome idea for mando armor. He thought to actually wrap that armor with like a copper sheet and make it look all worn and used. Kind of like a mixture of Steam Punk and Mando Bounty Hunter. He also thought to wrap another set of armor with carbon kevlar but that wont be till way later haha. Here is a pic of a drawing that I did with a copper sheet wrapped over it.

I am trying to go for more of a custom mando. Same armor style but different scheme and weapon type.

Hope you guys enjoy. PLEASE feel free throw any suggestions and Ideas my way

Oh I don't know how to post pics the dented helmet way =P, if someone could show me, that would be cool. I have to post the pics through html

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a test on the shoulder piece. I used a 40 gauge copper sheet. I may go with a 30 gauge. I used some brown paint to make it look a little used and dirty. I need to figure out a permanent way to make it look weathered and worn. The skull is embossed into the copper.

Like above, this is just a test. I am going to make another shoulder piece with more detail. I just wanted to see what I could do with it =) Eventually im going to add rivets

Hope you guys like it

IMG_0248.jpg

Im going to finish cutting out the rest of the chest pieces so my next post will be with the rest of the pieces all coppered out! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Ori'kandosii! Woah, vod. That's absolutely amazing. An entire set of Beskar'gam outta that would look unbelieveably cool.

If i had the metal working skills I'd make my Beskar'gam, out of Iron because Beskar means Mandalorian iron and since mandalorian iron doesn't exist(as far as we know) I'd use the next best thing... IRON

Thank you for the compliments! I ran out of the copper since it was just a test run. Seems that no one around where I live carries a big supply of this copper so I may have to just order it online.

Aluminum is very popular with mando mercs... also a little lighter that copper or... iron, which means a little more comfortable.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back