Anti security blade tutorial?

yodakiller1138

Well-Known Hunter
Is there a tutorial for making the anti security blade? I have all the parts except the plastic blade. How thick is it? How does it attach to the remains of the patterson squeegee? I'd rather do this myself, so any help would be appreciated.:D

Hey buddy, this is my method.

I cut a 5mm sintra blade at 2" x 4.25" (but this can be changed to as two different shape/sizes were used - this one allows more to be visible from the pocket) I then shape with sandpaper, rounding the edges and putting a radius to both bottom corners only. Then paint.

To fit it in the paterson part I add black electrical tape, 2 or 3 thickness' will be enough and you push it inside the squeegee part. Make sure you only put the tape where it will be hidden.

Rob.

Just as a note, there is more than one security blade and from what I can tell, the dimensions of the squeegee arm is slightly longer on one than the other. Using the real stylus brush as a gauge, I am coming up with 4.5" for the length of the squeegee arm. I need to check the dimensions of the photo posted in the wiki because I did that long before the stylus brush was found.

I ran into the same problems on mine Art. I started cutting the Paterson at the 4 1/2 inch mark.
Also, the length of the "blade" changes between ROTJ & ESB with ROTJ being longer, as does the gap between the blade & the stylus brush
Keep that in mind when you build as well.
BF_Visdic_tools.jpg

One other thing to consider especially if you already have your flight suit made, make sure that whatever version that you choose that it will actually fit in the shin pocket. Fudging the width of the blade a bit could save you a lot of time reworking your flight suit.

Alan

Just as a note, there is more than one security blade and from what I can tell, the dimensions of the squeegee arm is slightly longer on one than the other. Using the real stylus brush as a gauge, I am coming up with 4.5" for the length of the squeegee arm. I need to check the dimensions of the photo posted in the wiki because I did that long before the stylus brush was found.

Are you sure the paterson part changes size? That would make for an odd length on the sonic beam weapon :confused Also the 4.25" dimension I gave was for the black blade and is based on the longer version I believe.

A few years ago when I did the shin tool drawings I come up with a size of 4.25 X 2 for the long blade version based on the stylus brush being 3" long. I haven't heard what the actual dimension for the stylus brush is. I can always go back and update the drawings with correct dimensions.

Given that 3" dimension I have the squeegee part at 4 9/16" long just a bit over the 4.5".

For the smaller blade the dimensions listed in the wiki are pretty much dead on +/- 1/32".

Alan

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back