MSH2 HAS ARRIVED - *WARNING BIG PICS*

Very nice job Chris! You've outdone yourself...been wondering what hibernation project you've been keeping yourself too!!

:lol:

take care,

-Rex

Discretion guys ... discretion ... I can't emphasize this enough. For those that may not have understood this, I'd appreciate it if you edit your posts here.

Updates? Hello ! Your timing is impeccable :D

It's truly amazing ..

Well, the update is as follows ...

I decided to do two molds for *Myself* as stated earlier. A mold for ears on and a mold for ears off. I still can't decide which I like better - there is something to be said about accuracy.

I've been extremley busy finalizing everything until day before yesterday (had to tie up a few other loose ends that were not related to this) Below are pics of the ears OFF version.

You'll notice a few "Extra's" that I incorporated. In the event you don't notice, there are alignment studs molded in place on the rangefinder earcap base, with matching alignment holes on the earcap itself. I, for one, have found this to be a pet peeve, having it slip forward to back when moving the RF stalk ... that is, of course, because I never glue mine on permanently but they can be easily sanded off if I should so desire ;)

Another "Extra", is the hollow rangefinder. This isn't your ordinary rangefinder ... but compression molded, fiber reinforced, polyester ... yep, fiberglass. With an accurate "CLEAR RESIN" bottom. Most of these to date have been a bit brittle because of the solid "Clear Resin" casts. The clear bottom of this one is a separate piece that is affixed to the rangefinder itself. The compression molding allows for heavy fiber reinforcement with the fiberglass resin, cmpressing it to the intended shape, without risking the outer finish. It's stronger than the hollow DP rangefinder ... I put it to the "Fettpride" quality assurance test--for those that don't know what that means ... simply put -- I crushed one of each from their weakest angle. (Ya think I'm kidding? :D ) The inner track for the "lid" is cast into it as well. The "lid" is made of urethane resin, with mating track. So it snaps right into place, as it should. And before it is debated ... yes, it is cast from a hollow DP RF. I won't even try to justify it .. it's just a greeblie, one that we have "ALL" needed ;) You just simply can't get them unless you cut one off of an old DP bucket - if you can find one ...

Here are the pics ...

If you have any other questions, feel free to ----> PM <----
me.

Fettpride

msh2greeb.jpg

greeblie1.jpg

greeblie2.jpg

rangefindertopsm.jpg

TO ALL THOSE THAT HAVE PM'D RECENTLY - I'm in the process of answering, so hang tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow. that is one amazing bucket! Once again you have outdone yourself FP.

Doug

Ingenious way to do up the range finder man. Still not sure how the hell you pulled it off so well in glass
but it sure is COOL my friend!

Now put the original back on where its suppose to be and SEND IT TO MEEEE...

Muh ha ha ha aaaaaah... :lol:evil:lol:

Thanks everyone !

There's been a huge request for more pics, so I will get some more up sometime tomorrow.

Now the nitty gritty ....

Here's the news ...

As many of you noticed, yes there have been more improvements/mods made to the MSH2 since the first pics displayed a few months back. Realistically, this is probably the 4th version of the MSH2 since I started it. It's been worked over soo many times :lol: Thanks to all for the compliments. There has also been many questions and much confusion. Most of which I'll be answering in my PM's, and I'm working my way down again :(

Although I've already started, I'm having to rethink a few things. For one .. the response. I need to take interest as it was recieved. So let me reassure you all, that if you have expressed your interest either privately, or publicly, you will be included. But for that of fairness, there needs to be a tally on record for the order in which interest has been expressed. And TDH comes *FIRST* for the record ;)

READ CAREFULLY --------------------------------------------

I've decided to dedicate a webpage on my site for this purpose. So, for any questions you might have, direct them to me in PM. For those that have committed ... I will take the first 15 PM's that I have *ALREADY* recieved, chronologically dated of course, and the first 15 from *THIS" thread. If there are any drop off's, they will be filled with the next available, and so on ... beyond this, I will have to regear myslef. So let me work that up.

For those that feel you have committed, e-mail me for a password to enter the site, and I'll let you know if your there or not ... msh2@fparmor.com

The list is LARGE, and growing, however tenative. By mid week or so I will know if there are any openings left available. And I'llpost how many here.

Also, I wanted to make it known, that in the tradition of the FIRST MSH, and with MUCH respect to the original Artist (Natty15d), I'm keeping his MSH legacy alive. This was what I had intended from the start, I just hadn't said anything about it yet ;) . From the beginning, I didn't want to see it exploited, which is why I secured it's rights in the first place. So as a side note, it's still gonna be well and kickin' ... just so ya know ;)

Cheers Nathan !

First List ...
http://www.fparmor.com/msh2info/index.html

Again, those that already PM'd, stand by, responses 'a comin :)

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back