Making a Mad Max costume! FOOTBALL PAD HELP!

TJDFett

Hunter
So, I'm making the mad max shoulder pad for a friend. I found a great website that tells you all you need to make it and how to alter the football pad. The only problem is, I can't find the correct pad! It's called a Rawlings Crusader CP46. You can look at it in this link:

selectpad.jpg

I've hit up my local "play it again sports" and done extentive searches on ebay, but no such luck. I did find one seller that was selling quite a few closely related pads in October, but he doesn't have any listed at the moment. If anyone can help me work some search engines, or can find one locally, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me. This is a Christmas present, and It'll take me a day or two to get it properly converted to be Mad MAx style, so time is a factor. Thanks guys,

T

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that I had found something on ebay for a minute there, but I PM'd the seller and found out that they're sized Youth. :(

Any help?

I've found a supplier online. Admins, you can delete this thread. Once I get them shipped, I'll start a progress thread on converting them to Max's style.

This sounds pretty cool, keep us updated with any progress. Pics pics pics :D

Is your mate going to be putting together the leg support aswell, that would be even better?

Steve

I have a Max costume from Thunderdome. I wouldn't look for anything in particular if it were me, Just look around some flea markets and sporting good stores for a nice old used set that fits. By the time you paint it and dirty it up you wont be able to tell the difference.

Word to the wise though, Paint doesn't stick well to newer style pads, that why I got a used set with older plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back