Can anyone help me?

KRHbacon

New Hunter
I am a big Star Wars fan and Boba Fett has always been my favorite character. Now, I plan on going to an anime convention in May and am also in a TV production (video editing, essentially) class at my high school. I want to have a nice quality Fett costume to use for both and I planned on getting the supreme edition costume Rubie's just released but learned of how poorly put together the final piece was.

I was still planning on getting it, but realized that making one would be cheaper and probably better overall. I then realized that my mom (who I thought had a friend who made costumes) did not, in fact, have a costume making friend and that I have limited artistic abilities (unless I have a camera, editing software, and my mind grapes are on fire).

So, good people of The Dented Helmet, do you know if from here or from TK-409 I could create a costume from using pieces other people made and I have bought to make a complete (or almost complete) costume. Has it been done before or is it likely?

I hope I can get some help, and if so, I'd be greatly appreciated!

- Ryan

It's doable. I'd put up a WTB thread in the cargo hold as soon as you're able.

Just FYI-A good suit is going to run you no less than $2k, even buying used parts.

I've hit a bit of a snag. My mom is not letting me buy the materials to make this costume when the time comes to get them. She believes spending hundreds on a costume (she just looks at it as a costume, and nothing more) is ridiculous and she thinks she would be crazy to let me do it. But, as the 80s 'go for it' songs I love so much have told me, "never surrender", "you've got the touch", and "winner takes it all".

So, I will keep on trying, and by trying I mean wait awhile before I bring it up again (I didn't plan on starting this project until Jan.-Feb.) or let her know that this isn't JUST a costume. It's a testament to the love of Star Wars and of the character, showing how dedicated I am to having this be high quality (she told me that I could try finding a under $200 costume, and going to an anime convention, you can't do a costume that even compares to the ones there at that much), and that I am just that big of a nerd.

So, there is my venting. Any questions?

my suggestion, download all the templates you can get some card stock, fiberglass, bondo, sander, two13 gallon trash cans, and spray paint. read the threads, ask as many questions as possible. and take your time, you'll get it done and it will look good. then you can brag about how you made it also. :) just my suggestion vod

I would take Jason's advice if you are really on a budget and have the skills to make the parts from the templates here on TDH. You can also keep an eye out for what's on sale in the Cargo Hold like the one from Fettpride's spring cleaning sale. Check out the chest armor in fiberglass for $60 bucks...it's a good start! Here's the link.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=33961

I would take Jason's advice if you are really on a budget and have the skills to make the parts from the templates here on TDH. You can also keep an eye out for what's on sale in the Cargo Hold like the one from Fettpride's spring cleaning sale. Check out the chest armor in fiberglass for $60 bucks...it's a good start! Here's the link.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=33961

Yeah i didn't even think of that Chris does still have that doesn't he. Fettpride does really good work $60 bucks for one of his armor kits is a steal.

The thing is, I have limited artistic abilities unless I have a camera or you want a wacky story idea. I think I will still try to get pre made parts and go from there, it is probably the best thing to do.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back