Newbie (1st post) Help w/ rangefinder???

darthlumbar

New Hunter
Hello and thanks for reading! This is my first post on these forums, so thanks for bearing with me...

I bought a kit a few years back off Ebay (made from A/B plastic or acrylic I believe) and assembled and painted this Fett Helmet. I only use it for display purposes since it's been autographed, but the rangefinder has always been problematic for me. It's so fragile, that it's come off a few times and has recently broken (all parts made of A/B and glued together). Does anyone know of a good source for a more sturdy rangefinder, or any ideas to make it attach a little more permanently? Any advice much appreciated!!! - DL

fetthelmet_detail1.jpg

fetthelmet_detail2.jpg

fetthelmet_detail3.jpg

fetthelmet_detail4.jpg

fetthelmet_detail5.jpg

fetthelmet_parts.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you (a newb myself), but I have to say I really like the paint work on this lid. It might be a bit off the beaten path from most of the movie replica versions, but the distressed areas and scratches really sell the war-torn look.

I'm sure some of the TDH vets will chime in about your prob momentarily.

There are some people that sell metal stalks if your rangefinder isn't broke. Its a pretty simple fix and what part of orange county are you in? I'm in westminster i might have something to fix your problem.

Yes, there are a couple of members here that do aluminum stalks. Looks like with some care and patience this is repairable.

I just have to say it's awesome that your helmet was signed both by Jeremy Bulloch and Jason Wingreen!
Don't think I've ever seen another Boba piece with Mr. Wingreen's signature! (y)

Thanks superjedi... yeah, I'm more of an autograph collector than props (although I do have a few!!!) A friend of mine helped me out with the Wingreen signature. Mr. Wingreen is 90 years old, and is arthritic. He's been a great signer through the mail, as long as it's a small item like a photograph or index card, but it's difficult for him to sign larger items... so I am pretty lucky to have had him sign for me.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back