Who makes the best gauntlets???

TJDFett

Hunter
I've been told that Wickedarmor makes a great set of gauntlets. I've seen some really great photos, and I might consider getting them. On the other hand, I know that Bobamaker is one of the top dogs of the business. I was originally planning on getting BM gaunts, but after seeing some of those photos by WA, I'm now at ends. Anyone got some pics of Bobamakers gauntlets? (painted by Daz) Thanks guys!

-T

I'm very happy with my Fett Pride gauntlets, I can see Boba Makers are very nice also. And then, I've heard that everyone who's got them are happy with their Wickedbeard's. So, I guess you can't really go wrong. I'd go with what looks the best to you.

I like my FPs as well. Havent seen the others in person, but judging by pics, FP is my favorite by a long shot!!!! Can't beat em for accuracy IMO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have FP finished/weathered/painted by WB. Kind of got the best of both worlds. You can't go wrong with FP, WB or BM....good luck deciding...

You can't go wrong with BM, WB, or FP. I have FP gaunts and love them. You pay a bit of a premium for Bobamaker because they come already prep'd and primed. The FP, you have a certain amount of trim (lower shells only), sanding, and priming to do, but for the $100 savings, I didn't mind the extra hour or so of work. Also BM comes with the switches, but these will cost you a whopping $10 at Radio Shack if you have buy on your own. Haven't seen the WB, but I am sure they are on the same level (plus I think you can get in metal if that floats yout boat). Here's a link to my FP gaunts.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=34706

Not sure if BM or FP supplies painted gaunts (but maybe they do). I've seen some of WB's paint and it's pretty awesome. Another option it to buy the gaunts you like best and have another painter to the prep and paint. Slave1pilot does excellent paint. WB can paint other gaunts too. He's excellent.

You really can't go wrong with WB gauntlets. He also does a SUPERB paint job. I've been using WB gaunts for over a year and they've been through hell and still look great.

The Metal factor is what made me choose Wickedbeard's. I just think it's really cool to have armor that's actually metal. Hell I'd buy a steel helmet if they were available.

Hell I'd buy a steel helmet if they were available.

+1(y) :lol:

I went with Wickedbeard all the way across the board, armor and gaunts, for two reasons. 1) Metal is a big plus for me. 2) After seeing the awesome paintwork he does, I was sold, sol, sold.

It really depends on how much of the work you want to do yourself and how partial you are to metal armor (trooping in metal is a committment in itself). All the above named makers do an excellent job, and know their craft very well.

I didn't know that WB made his armor in metal :eek:

This changes the game for me. I'm leaning towards WB now. Once I see some reference photos of BM's painted gaunts, I'll make up my mind. But now that I think about it...... wouldn't a peice so intrecate as gauntlets (in their shape) make it hard to recreate when working with metal? Does the fact that they're made of metal decrease their accuracy towards their shape and sturcture?

-T

Nope... Type wickedbeard armor in google. He has a website with a gallery and prices.

To my knowledge Jeff ONLY makes armor and gaunts in metal. Prices include paint/weathering.

Glad I could help. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back