WIP: FIRST EVER ACCURATE ESB FETT HELMET interior

Gino

Active Hunter
The helmet is a direct cast from the PP2 Fett helmet (from Rogue Studios) which is the actual helmet used in all the action figure packaging back in '78.
For those who don't know, this style casting is the most accurate in all fandom.

I'm slowly putting together a full size ESB Fett display.
It's going to be awhile before I get to painting this helmet, so in the meantime, I wanted to finish the interior as much as possible.

It's not an exact match (as I realize that is unrealistic) but it's definitely by far the most accurate attempt at an accurate screen used or production made Fett helmet to date.
I'm sure as time goes on, I'll continue to tweak it.

Here are some pics of the real deal screen used ESB hero.

esb_ref_1.jpg

esb_ref_2.jpg

And here is my replica so far. Still looking for the correct helmet liner (which happens to be the same as the type 2 ROTJ trooper helmets.

INTERIOR

esb_interior_1.jpg

esb_interior_2.jpg

esb_interior_3.jpg

CORRECT CHIN CUP

esb_interior_4.jpg

.125" DARK GREEN VISOR

esb_interior_5.jpg

PUSHBUTTON TO ACTIVATE RANGEFINDER LIGHTS

esb_interior_6.jpg

EXTERIOR SHOTS

esb_interior_7.jpg

esb_interior_8.jpg

RANGEFINDER LIGHTS ACTIVATED

esb_interior_9.jpg

esb_interior_10.jpg

Very cool!

Are you using "screen accurate" gaffers tape or duct tape?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your level of screen accuracy is amazing Gino. I wonder if your props are better for display than the ones Lucasfilm shows at exhibits. (y)

Thanks!
Actually, some of my pieces are. Some of their stuff (like Vader or Yoda) are not original pieces at all and are not as representative of what was on screen as mine are.

That being said, nothing beats screen used (as long as it IS screen used and not made specifically for tour or exhibit).

Looks great Gino! Is the rangefinder going to be a on a remote of some kind or lowered manually?

"by far the most accurate attempt" Seems like an overly grand statement.

No offense, but the interior ain't the challenge with the ESB hero.

I'd have to say that its the most accurate start on on helmet I've ever seen!! Good start Gino!!

"by far the most accurate attempt" Seems like an overly grand statement.

No offense, but the interior ain't the challenge with the ESB hero.

I don't think so. I think it's quite appropriate.
And no offense taken, but I disagree about the interior not being the challenge.
The exterior is just more work, but it's already been figured out.

I don't think so. I think it's quite appropriate.
And no offense taken, but I disagree about the interior not being the challenge.
The exterior is just more work, but it's already been figured out.

Gino is going for exact replicas of what was used on screen. inside and out. It's different from what some of us set out to do with Boba.

Some have idealized versions of the character while others have versions that are virtually perfect visual representations of the character on screen and are functional so they can be trooped with. In some ways parts of the Boba suits were designed with a certain functionality but because they are hidden from view they may not look "cool" or futuristic.

I believe Gino stated at another point he does not troop with his suits. They don't need to be functional in that sense. What he is looking for something that is the closest as possible to what the actors in the films used. I think it's like trying to replicate a piece of artwork in a museum.

It doesn't matter what I think... but I happen to think what Gino does is very cool. It's yet another level of this hobby for someone to explore.

Thanks!
And you nailed it. (y)
Different strokes for different folks. I'm just glad that there are people who appreciate this approach even if it is not their preference or fits within their goals.

Now that is the way to do it! Although you did miss that small wrap of green insulation tape between the clip and where the wires exit the helmet...:D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back