Magnets or Velcro

Hey guys, after a few years im going to completely rehaul what started as my vader costume and my first step was my helmet. I have the rubies supreme vader helmet that is in a body shop to be painted, have the inaccurate nose slots and what not filled in then gel coated. My main question is when it comes to holding a vader dome on what is best to use. Velcro is what i have always used but no matter what kind i get it eventually peels right of. Ive heard of some people using magnets instead to holding the dome in place. does anyone have any advice to lend my way???:confused

Thanks

Andy

Andy, I have seen both ways working fine if properly setup, mine uses magnets and does good for me, I think the velcro besides comming off makes it harder to dissasemble the dome, I suggest you pay a visit to the SLD forum, there are a few treads on this subject.

Hope this helps, regards

Efrain

I've used industrial strength velcro and have never had it come off in the just about 6 years of using it, but I definately agree with eagc to check out the Sith Lords forums. I had gotten alot of helpful hints and tips on there when I was assembling my Vader.

Good luck!! ;)

J

Have you tried industrial strength velcro adhesive to go with it?
I guess I've been lucky in that the velcro has all sat tight without any extra added work or worry... *keeps fingers crossed..for like...ever* ;)

J

I use sew on Velcro and magnets, That industrial strength Velcro is nice but if your putting it on anything soft I dont recommend it. I really wouldn't use it on any place its gonna get hot and wet it will peel right off and make a huge sticky mess.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back