Han In Carbonite

A company called Illusive Concepts made an officially licensed lifesize han in carbonite that they sold for around $3,000-$4,000. There are pictures somewhere on the forums of people who own them.

Great work man. I've been following your thread since its beginnings.

With my HIC project, I had trouble getting the Bondo smooth, and there are slight irregularities in the surface of the Bondo on the frame. Looking back, I wish I would have done it a little differently, but it still turned out pretty good. I actually like the irregular look to the frame, it looks more like the irregular carbonite on the front.

What was your technique on the seam between the frame and the rubber? I've got to go back and redo this part when I install the side panels.

Oh yeah, how are the panels coming?

I didn't want to drop $400 on a set, so I'm scratch building mine out of wood. I tried to build one and then make vacuform copies, but the details just weren't as crisp as I had wanted. So it looks like I'll be scratch building all 8.

Thanks guys! Toothboy: when I applied the bondo I just used a lot and spread it over the seam and a little bit over the rubber also. When I used the plastic spreading tools that came with the bondo it actually smeared into a texture on the rubber that looks like the texture part on the rubber mold. It kind of naturally did it's thing. When I started sanding I just used a real heavy sandpaper the first go around to sand down all the bumps and big irregular areas and it turned out good. I did some sanding over the weekend with an electric sander and 100 grit sandpaper and it turned out great. Even sanding the bondo that is against the rubber works fine too. The rubber that is sticking up to where the bondo is gets sanded down as if it were bondo. I got my frame around the rubber to be real smooth just like the actual prop but it takes a long time even with the electric sander. I am going to sand a little extra right on the line between the bondo and the rubber so the bondo sinks slightly below the rubber edge. If you look at the prop it is slightly raised where the texture part starts, and the frame around the outside edge is really smooth and a little bit lower.

photo..jpg

BTW I had a financial emergency recently and I'm going to have to sell my panel and greeblie set I got from Dung and Angela. You've seen the pics of them, they are very nice and accurate too. I also purchased a vending machine lock for $30 that would make a great second panel knob as well as other knick knacks I have found that I was going to use on my panels. I am including all of these with the set I am selling. When I get more money I will buy another set but I need to sell these things asap. I am asking for $250 for the set shipped anywhere in the USA. I'll post this in the Cargo Hold also but I figured I would give you guys a heads up before I post them. I even started cutting and hollowing out the boxes for the metal or white frosted plastic to go behind. PM me or let me know if you or anyone is interested. The post in the Cargo Hold will have a bunch of pictures too.

Hey, did you ever get a chance to finish your HIC? I'm in the initial stages and I bought the front part from Kingjawa. I'm brand new to HIC builders so any help is appreciated.
Jack

Still trying to find a chance to finish sanding and start painting and putting the panels together. Almost done though! Give me a shout if you need any help with anything or have any questions. Good luck on your HIC!

Beautiful work, I may have missed it somewhere but do you happen to sell the main front panel of Han in Carbinite?
Please PM me if you happen to or can point me in the right direction for it. :)
Cheers and awesome work again I love it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back