New belt maker's first attempts.

BooBoo Fett

Active Hunter
Hello brothers.

Just got started on making belts and thought I might share a couple of pics. The pouches on the Fett belt are Taco's. Oil base dye is not available in California, so I am I'm experimenting with different leathers and dye colors. Still, that will be the belt on my finished ROJT SE.

The Jedi belt is one I did for a friend. This one is not intended to be character specific. I am starting on pouches for it now. I haven't found any patterns that I like, so I modeled them in SolidWorks to develop the flat patterns.

I'm the guy that bought Taco's belt tooling. I hope to start on Fett pouches soon.

So, what do you guys think?

Cheers all !!!

Alex Belt_d.jpg

Alex Belt_Finished.jpg

Fett ROTJ Belt_1.jpg

Good to see that someone keeps making good belts! As far as I can see you did a very good job BooBoo. Keep us posted with some more progress pictures bro!

Very nice!

Made my first pouch today (generic Jedi). Okay for a first attempt, I guess. Learned a few good lessons on this one. Developing the model and flat pattern in SolidWorks worked out great.

Pouch, 4x3x1.5_a.jpg

Pouch, 4x3x1.5_b.jpg

Pouch, 4x3x1.5_c.jpg

Pouch, 4x3x1.5_d.jpg

Just some details on the my Fett belt construction:

The belt is 2.5" cow hide strap.
All edges are beveled, bee's wax applied, then burnished.
Water based dye/sealer applied (darn CA regulations).
Velcro applied.
Grommet holes located and punched.
Edge/detail stitching applied (machine).
Grommets installed.

Something I have noticed. Because the water based dye does not go on as evenly as the oil based, the finished product ends up looking somewhat weathered. Kind of a happy accident.

That's all for now. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back