WIP: SE Boba Fett

Thanks, Astro. Completely forgot to mention that Woodman weathered my cape for me as part of my order. Updated on my list. Thanks for listing that tutorial, irregardless, since one of the reasons I made this is to help other new people.(y)

these woodman capes are awesome, I love mine. I was not going to go with weathered stuff, but then i changed my mind (typical femm behavior, lulz), so im going to be sending it to him to weather it as soon as i get paid :)

Comin' along steady, eh sonik?
The first time fully test fitting the entire outfit and then seeing yourself is just wild. On my way out to the back deck for the initial test fitting pictures, I got a glimpse of myself in a reflection off the china cabinet glass doors in our dining room, and I dint stop grinnin' like a doof for hours. LOL

J

Cant wait to get to that phase. Thanks, btw, your WIP/finished thread is what made me decide on the Fettronics light and I love the thing. :)

Cant wait to get to that phase. Thanks, btw, your WIP/finished thread is what made me decide on the Fettronics light and I love the thing. :)

Glad I could help!
And great update post, btw!! Grats on the boots! ;)
But that MR gun...a bit of advice, I tried using it during Halloween and while the weight feels great and solid at first, I thought my wrist was going to snap off after one walk around the block! If you plan to troop, I would look to go for a lighter, better for trooping blaster eventually. There's a thread here I read awhile back where basically everyone that has the MR blaster said the exact same thing, but did I listen? Na. And now I'm waiting for my other ROTJ blaster. LOL

J

l_17a62ff7c30d450a91e4c64732b618c2.png

LOL
I have a pic like that (minus santa hat)
picture811d.jpg

I think out of any of the poses Fett has, that is my favorite one to do. Until I actually took a moment to look at that pic, I never realised exactly how tall of a Fett I actually am. (to give you an idea, that's a cattle gate) amazing what boots and a helmet can do. lol

Carves, you'll get there, bruv. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, finally bucked up the courage to start my weathering today on everything but the flak vest. I used coffee grounds (thanks, Terry) and like the rust/red clay effect it has. Next I'll start the black, which will be done either with flat rattlecan or kiwi boot polish and a brush. Haven't quite decided yet. :)

my pics 131.jpg

my pics 124.jpg

my pics 126.jpg

my pics 128.jpg

my pics 130.jpg

my pics 123.jpg

my pics 125.jpg

my pics 121.jpg

Sonik....coffee ground effect looks great. Maybe there is a marketing op for Starbuck's. You can have the Bantha skull on the left shoulder armor and the Starbuck's logo on the right. lol.

Seriously, I'll try that technique when I have the funds to replace my EVO flightsuit. Another thing that looks pretty good when weathering a suit is if you live in a place that has red clay in the soil. You really have to grind it in for it stick after a was, but looks good. Can't wait to see your whole suit complete. Thanks for sharing the incremental progress.

No prob, bruv. I know we're all WIP pic junkies. lol

Everywhere I went last night, people kept telling me I smelled like vanilla biscotti coffee. My hands still smell like it. I need to look into that Starbucks sponsorship. Gonna be hard to Barista with my helmet on. LOL

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back