Working, painting, and dying leather

Zam I Am wrote:

You gonna make zam purses? hehe best in clawdite fashion wear!

Well... sure... I mean we gotta have someplace to keep all our deadly accessories! ;) Jango and Boba have lots of pockets... but not us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one to give up on the stuff I already bought - I got my veil suede to come out "almost" perfect! :D :D

How you ask? By letting it sit out in the Arizona sun for a while! The suede I bought from Tandy was waaaaay too dark and too purple. A few hours a day for maybe a week, sitting in my backyard, was enough to lighten it up. I have to get my before/after samples out to show everyone. All I can say is that I knew this heat was good for something! ;)

AWESOME idea!

I totally forgot about the sun bleaching it idea!!! I think Moncal did that to some of his shin leather at one point...
Slaps myself on the forehead! :wacko

Yeah, that's what I have to do with the leather to get it to lighten up. It lightens up even more when I distress it but the Sun works great. My new house I just bought actually has a sun room and I left a shirt out there for a couple weeks and it bleached it so much it's half as dark in the areas that were on top :) If I do more leather..or rather if tandy ever gets more in!!! ..., that's where it's going. ;)

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back