Death Watch Clone Wars Mando Bucket

I was able to steal a few hours yesterday to work on the helmet. Now I just need to pick up a new shade 5 welding visor today and install it. In the meantime here's a few sneak peak photos with a temporary visor tacked in place.;) (y)

DSC03897copy.jpg

DSC03893.JPG

Can one still see out of a shade 5 visor? I am working on a helmet and was thinking of getting a shade 3 because I was worried a shade 5 would be too hard to see out of.

Shade 5 are the proper screen acurate Fett visor is I remember correctly. I use them exclusivly in all the helmets I made and have no issues. A little dark indoors if the lightings dim otherwise no worries.

Thanks guys. I think shade 5 is good for outdoor sunny events, and shade 3 is good for indoor or evening events.(y)

I finally finished the visor this afternoon. I tried to stay with Jango'esque type colors for the paint. The back area around the key slots is painted with Krylon Short Cuts Ocean Blue. The lower cheek areas are a combination of Rustoleum Royal Blue as a base and then Krylon Ocean Blue misted along the top. The dome is painted with Rustoleum Dark Grey Primer. And the insignia is a mixture of white, camel, and yellow mixed together with a finger. It was weathered by misting it with the dark grey primer and then cleaned up and dulled with 0000 steel wool. The silver areas are aluminum cold cast.

DSC03914.JPG

DSC03908.JPG

DSC03909.JPG

DSC03910.JPG

DSC03911.JPG

DSC03913.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on! I also put that MR pad inside my Jango helmet. I think it feels better than any liner I could put in and spaces it perfect. Is there a new suit in the works, or just building the helmet to sell?

Thanks. Yeah, the MR pad works well. My wife would kill me if I tried to build another suit, so this was just a personal experiment in helmet design and mold making. Plus I really wanted to try this paint scheme.(y)

Managed to take a few shots outside when the sun came out for a few minutes today. Also included a few "clean" shot before it was weathered. I've had my fun with this helmet so look for it in the cargo hold very soon if anyone's interested. Thanks for the support in this project and I had fun sharing the progress with everyone.(y)

DSC03917.JPG

DSC03920.JPG

DSC03922.JPG

DSC03923.JPG

DSC03926.JPG

DSC03886.JPG

DSC03887.JPG

DSC03889.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back