Undented Helmet

jacob4581

New Hunter
Hello everyone. I am new to the site as of a few days ago. It's cool to see more dedicated and talented fans here! Everyone I've talked to have all been more than helpful and all the projects and talent here is amazing, it definitely inspires me to do more projects and be more creative. I work at an ad agency in Omaha, Nebraska designing ads, logos, brochures, commercials, websites for numerous retail clients. On the side I still try to make time to do my own artwork. I had my first art show last September at the Nomad Lounge here in Omaha. My artwork is stencil graffiti styled work. Kind of a glorified screen printing process. I print each color as black to the size of the media I'm painting on. Then I spray mount the paper with the black shapes to thin plastic sheets that I hand cut with an x-acto knife to make the stencils. Each color in the painting has its own stencil I cut out and then I spraypaint them individually color by color to create the final piece. The first painting I did was of a Stormtrooper DJ that was featured in Star Wars Insider magazine in an article and shown on the cover. I just purchased a HIC in black from Stormrider and I'm super excited to get started creating the custom box and panels. Any help on this project would be appreciated like paint suggestions, dimensions/specs or templates, or just photos of movie accurate panels would be great. I live with my girlfriend and our french bulldog Arthur. Anyway, thought I would say hello to all you guys and gals, tell you a little about myself and invite you to check out my artwork in my profile gallery.

That is such a unique and creative way of art! I LOVE IT! I would love to see a mando done your style!

Good luck with the HIC man! :cheers

nice to meet yah. looks like you hve com to th right place. been lurking for a very long time and believe me these guys know their suff.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm definitely among good people here. I posted some more pics of some Star Wars artwork pieces that I did while I was in school for everyone to check out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back