Accurate Fett ESB green visor. What has been found?

Gino

Active Hunter
I feel like I've searched the world for what I believe to be the screen accurate visor for the ESB Fett helmet.
It should be dark green like a welding face shield, and approx. .125" (3mm) thick.

Dark green (shade 3) face shields are common, but not in that thickness.
I've only found them in .040" (1mm) and .060" (1.5mm).

If you think about it, it sucks that even after all this time everyone (myself included) has spent on trying to get our helmets accurate, that no one anywhere, ever, has found the correct stuff.

I have .125 transparent green acrylic, but there is only one universal type made around the world and it is too much of an emerald green and is not correct. You cannot go the acrylic sheet route unless you want to have a custom color made and that costs thousands.
I am of the opinion that the original visor was from a welding face shield anyway.

So...

Has anyone ever found a shade 3 dark green face shield in .080" (2mm)? I think they make those.

I think that is the best we can ask for until the day (if ever) someone stumbles upon one that is .125" (3mm).

Last edited by a moderator:
These have always worked great for me. Jackson Safety shields. It's a .060" with a shade 5. I think if you got thicker then that it will be to much.

prices range between 2.75-14.99

Thanks Arturo.
I actually believe the shade 3 to be more correct. I believe the shade 5 is too dark.
Also, the .060 is too thin and I already have it. :cry
We need something in the .125" (3mm) range to be screen accurate (which is my goal).

I'll settle for a shade 3 in .080" (2mm) but that still is too thin to be screen accurate. But I do believe they make a visor in this thickness somewhere. I was hoping someone here would already know where to get one.

And also the remote chance that it might spark someone into finding the correct thickness verison.

No problem. It's something that has bug me for 10 years now.

So you have the jackson shade 5 one? You should cut it up and try it and see how it looks. Have you done that yet?

The Jackson shield does come a little short (height wise) depending on the helmet.

I bought both the jackson shade 3 and the jackson shade 5, and the shade 3 is definitely closer to the color/amount of light entering the visor to the screen used ESB.

The ones I bought have plenty of room height wise and width wise for most accurately sized fett helmets.

I'd love it if we could find something to upgrade out helmets with. It's about time don't you agree?

Gino, are you sure the screen used visor was green? I know the AoSW visor is green, but the ESB screen used visor too? All the other visors are smoked black, so that's an interesting point.

But it has some craks, and some scratches too, post-production made. How can you ensure the visor is the same one as the screen used. I haven't seen a pic (production made) which proves that :facepalm

There is no proof.
But most of the rest of the interior items remain intact inside the helmet, so we've really got no reason to believe the visor is not the same.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not looking for a work around solution.

I want to find material like what they used. Either the exact same stuff of something extremely similar.

Just want to bump this thread. Any new discoveries?

Also for some reason I can't figure out where the shade 3 visor is at Jackson safety. did it change names or something. All I see are F20 and F40...

Just want to bump this thread. Any new discoveries?

Also for some reason I can't figure out where the shade 3 visor is at Jackson safety. did it change names or something. All I see are F20 and F40...

I have located a 3M Dark Green Polycarbonate Faceshield WP96C
Dimensions from the site say that it is 9" tall x 14.5" wide x 0.08" thick.
I am almost positive that this is a shade 3, here is the Amazon.com
Hope this helps!:)

Well I got the 3M visor got it today. AND.....

Its 3MM thick GREEN SHADE 3 Ordering a few more for future orders its pretty spot on. Theres writing on the sides at the edges the GMH has just the right about of spacing for this space...other helmets in not positive on the dimentions for the width of the eye opening.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back