My First Star Wars Costume: Darth Nihilus - Halloween Party Pics are up!

Uratz

New Hunter
Happy Halloween Everyone.

I skipped Halloween last year by wearing a cheesy Death Eater Skull I made and this year I won't be that cheesy otherwise I shouldn't be on this Costume and Prop Forum.
Since my Predator costume is no where near ready I've decided to become Darth Nihilus. My first very involved Star Wars costume!

My homemade mask will be similar to the Character but with a twist: I've added Predator-ish aesthetics such as skulls and spine instead of the usual Star War-ish decorations of girly jewels.
After all I am becoming a Sith Lord who is a Wraith like spirit whose essence is kept alive thru the mask. Oh did I mention he also sucks the Life Force from those he defeats?

Initially the test sculpt on a plaster cast with some paint and red markers just to see if it would work:
Darth_Nihulus_Mask_Mod_WIP_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I liked it and think it can work so here we go:
Nihilus_Mask_Mod_Process_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

The finished product:
Darth_Nihilus_Mask_Mod_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

After a week of shopping online and buying a bunch of **** I can't make I've gathered all the parts of this costume
I also wore a black stocking under the mask instead of painting my face black to give it that ghoulish effect
My_Nihilus_Costume_Ready_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I'm 90% percent there, I will modify the black bathrobe cutting off the sleeves and so on. I know its not %100 percent accurate like the SW games and whut not and as I am on a tight budget (& unemployed this is the best I can manage. I made my own Lightsaber Belt clip out of PVC tubing material and the Belt and Sith Cloak is authentic and its already cost me $200 on this costume.:facepalm

After everything arrives I will do a test fit and more pictures stay tuned!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

OK I got everything in the mail in like 2 days! My bathrobe mod isn't complete yet. My black boots have been cleaned and polished I may add some boot cover to lengthen the calf area and hide the laces.

Here's my LightSaber Holder Clip DIY

I made my own Lightsaber Belt clip out of PVC tubing material. The original version is a Covertec Clip for pagers. I could buy it but wheres the fun in that?

LightSaber_Holder_Clip_DIY_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Very nice; a lot of photos and good attention to detail my friend. Can't wait to see what you come with the finished product. Keep it coming; I am keeping an eye on this thread.

Completed Costume and had a great time at the party! Best Halloween ever. I Finally dressed up seriously and with the proper props.

I was Sith Nihilus and my wife is the She-Devil. The Party was at Lost Heaven in Shanghai. With an open Terrace bar it was the perfect location for the cosplayers.

Some highlight photos below

More photos can be seen here : Best Halloween 2009

4063126670_7b521aa369_b.jpg
4063127428_6925735c0a_b.jpg

The She-Devil is my wife and the 2 ladies are her friends, The pretty ones are married. Sorry Guys
4062388353_0ef7716685_o.jpg

4062389115_b68f5e60bf_b.jpg

4062424261_2daa6a5aa8.jpg

4063257068_a9fbd872e6.jpg

Oh dude! ! awesome work with this Darth Nihilus Mask! ! ! I assure you that if I could afford it I would pay you to fashion me one identical replica of this one man, it looks so awesome! ! ! love the work! ! ! :)

Very cool. My first SW costume was easy, I just shaved my head added horns and painted (Maul). My wife had the hard part (making the robes).

Don't worry about being on a budget- I'm sure you've seen how tight things were for Lucas when he made the OT. I saw the Smithsonian exhibit, and man, those costumes are held together by twine and wishes! I think being on a budget actually makes you get more creative. Anyone can buy something, but only someone with imagination can make it from scratch.

Kudos!

What was the clip made out of it looks really effective but one question
Why didn't you use the clip on the toy lightsaber

What was the clip made out of it looks really effective but one question
Why didn't you use the clip on the toy lightsaber

The lightsaber had the round stubby knob thing which was what the clip was used for. It made for easy removal to be swung around.

Thanks for the comments

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back