Gauntlet Progress with pics UPDATE 16 July

ukscout

Active Hunter
Well ive spent some more time on my gauntlets and there nearly finsihed.

Just need add some more weathering, hose conectors,darts and new alu missle.

so heres my recent pic of my gauntlets, enjoy
new gaunt.jpg

=============================================================
UPDATE 2nd July 2003
heres a preview of my gaunt which ive painted last night, but still not finished.

Ive tried to do the paint similar to the MOM ref pics whith a few tweaks.
newgauntlets.JPG

Ive still got to do some weathering and scracthes and LED to install etc.... but it gives you an idea of what i have done so far
I need some 2no. small buttons to fixed on the gauntlets flamethrower unit can anyone help me get these.

More coming soon
=============================================================

Started on my new gauntlets and ran out of paint last night ggggggggrrrrrr...... sods law, so i cant finish these now until the weekend.
gaunt1.JPG

gaunt2.JPG

gaunt3.JPG

Im using Gamesworkshop paints to paint the gauntlets

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico
TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout.gif
smallheaderUKPB2.gif

ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Lookin good!
But I can't help notice that the red color you used seems a little too red and bright??! I always believed the ROTJ gauntlets should be more of the mandible color...Tuscan perhaps?

Bobo

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Neil, I must concur with bobo. I think it might be too dark of a red, or it might look great in person and the pics might not do it justice. I find that happen all the time with my camera. I know you dont do stuff half a$$ed so your eyes are the ones that matter.

Lookin' sweet.

As far as the paint . . . remember, that's before any weathering is going on with it too.

I'm sure we've all found that the colours change DRASTICALLY once a little bit of "metal" shows thru with some "dirt" on top! :)

Jer

hi guys

thanks for the kind words, these just have the basic red colour painted on then i have to darken them down with a darker sade and some ink washes to get the dark red colour and then add the silver/metal worn areas.

i should have these done over the weekend and will be hopefully replacing the gaunt missile and flame thrower parts on the guants with alu. parts soon that Russrep is making for me.

cheers

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico
TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout.gif
smallheaderUKPB2.gif

ukscout-webbanner.jpg

New to the fold but here goes:

THose look great! Which kit are they or are they your original creation?

Woah!!! looking super there scout! Is all your weathering topical? Looks great. (y)

Awesome! Whaddya know, the red looks better with weathering after all ;)
One comment, shouldn't the dental expander sit a little higher and not so horizontal?

Cheers,
Bobo

Awesome work! I love the dimensions of the gauntlets. Now I noticed that the dental expander is painted silver, and it should be painted red as well (accuracy as of MoM exhibit)

After that...I LOVE THEM! :love:thumbsup:

Robert

They turned out fantastic, what do you recommend for triming the excess plastic on the gauntlets? Did you used a dremel or was it just cut off??

Thanks

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back