Camo A.R.F suit progress ** DONE 100%**

That is one of the most incredible paint jobs I've ever seen. Excellent work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Used 2 steel washers and an aluminum rivet to attract the magnetic closure for the side box. One washer on each side of the rivet had a stringer bond than just one washer. Also got some strapping done.

PA190802.JPG

PA190813.JPG

PA190814.JPG

super nice. you need to do a how too thread to show us how you did such a great paint job.

Amazing work on the armor there vod. Most impressive as Lord Vader would say LOL! But seriously you have really out done yourself on this armor. By the painting you have done on it it must of have taken a while to do.

If I totaled the time of paint only, it would probably be about 4 days, 5-7 hours a day. I did a couple pieces at a time, so I didn't have to keep mixing paint. I wanted it all to match and be from relatively the same mix batch.

copied from the Legion boards:

The armor is weathered first, per Kev's tutorial. The main shapes are taped off. I tried to make them connect in some way. No pattern, just random directions and shapes, trying to focus on the right angles of "digial camo." Shot that with a rattle can of Model Masters "Euro 1 gray." Untape it. retape some larger shapes that go over the existing work and tie a couple of shapes together. Untape that. I rub the whole piece with a 3M scuff pad between each step to help blend and spread some of the green tint from the gray color into the white.

Then it's all airbrush shading and template work. The greenish color is called dunklegrun 17. It's green, but I mix a little of the Euro 1 with it to tone down the green. I have 3 thin cardboard templates with various shapes and angles cut into the perimeter. I use it in a way similar to that of Mike Lavalle. He does realistic flames on hot rods and custom cars. If you've ever seen his work on Rides, or Overhaulin', you kinda get an idea of how it works. During the shading, shapes will start to reveal themselves and I just shade and build off the new shapes...........basically.

Lucky...Well, can't say the rest, but lets just say I'm jealous. lol j/k

Happy for ya, man. That is one sweet labor o love your gonna be wearin. :)

I literally had 2 minutes to put a few pieces on to test fit. Still have some adjustments to make and I didn't even have a chance to get the upper part of the undersuit on. The space in the knees will close once the shoes are on. Also a pic of the finished gatling gun with the front sight installed.

PA270866.JPG

PA270867.JPG

PA260863.JPG

PA260865.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back