What kind of Primer are members using?

Hello all.

I've been reading mix reviews on different primers (Krylon, or Rust-Oleum and then there's sandable auto primers).:wacko

What's good to use on sintra and styrene armor?

Krylon's paints are what I'm using on my bucket. Just doing the mandibles right now then I'm as done as I can get til I'm ready to strip it down and get an airbrush kit and do it better. I like Krylon for two reasons, firstly it's a paint that is made for plastics so adhesion is very good and secondly it dries crazy fast. The only downside is that while they do have a lot of colours you kind of have to take what you can get since some of the colours just aren't right.

i use whatever i have handy... i've never really found any pros/cons to any primer brand.

the important thing in my experience is to not put it on too heavily... a few light coats are better than 1 heavy coat.

I've used several different types, and I can't say the differences have been noticable between the brands.

Lately I've been using Tamiya Fine Surface Primer.

I like using Rust-Olium automotive primer. it's thick and good for filling minor scratches and abraisions, especially on plastic. I've also found that it doesn't run or drip, even on smooth materials like polished metal. But honestly, it realy doesn't matter what brand you use, just make sure it's cheap! if you use it like I do you'll end up having to buy 2-3 cans!

BEST

PRIMER

EVER

DOMSFX.JPG

pretty pricey though, but well worth it
I bought 6 cans
shipped to my house was 66 bucks.
http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=DOM SFX

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back