My Mando Armor

Talon

New Hunter
Howdy all,

New here but have already read so much and seen so many great ideas. Have always been a fan of the gear and figured I would give it a shot at making my own, and the best part is I can add it to my portfolio for school. I'm in college for Game Art and have a long history of artistic accomplishments behind me, both for myself and as commissions. Though I have never made anything at this scale yet. Just going to take my time and make this thing turn out great.

So this is what I am going to be shooting for, something about the black and white contrast has always pulled me in when done well. And I think this will be one of those times once finished. :D
Mandoarmor1.gif

I already have a pair of these that I think will look good.
BD31.gif

And I have plans to try and figure out how to make a good DLT-20A rifle for my main weapon, but till then I think the Nerf CS-35 or CS-6 Long Shot will make nice weapons once modified and painted a bit.

I have been doing a lot of looking around here on these forums and the trash can armor idea really struck home. Just an ingenious concept and looked fairly simple to do, and it turns out great. So I hope to find these cans within the next week or so, time permitting, and start working on this thing.

Any thoughts on the concept, ideas, or insight from those who have gone the trash can route is welcome. Glad to have found this place, its a treasure cove of custom mando gear information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like your forum name. =D

Black and white are one of those staple armor combos that never gets old. Trash can armor makes for a really good starter set. I think once you have it done and have trooped in it for awhile then your going to want to upgrade a little.

What part of Ohio do you live in? Not sure when the next Rancor Clan armor party is, but if you want to hang out with the local Mercs clan I can get you in touch with them. They usually do an armor workshop every couple months that is specifically Mando armor.

Thanks, I was typing and noticed that Talon by itself was not taken. So I decided I needed nothing else since I'll probably just go by that when in the armor. Though still doing some research so might come up with a good mando sounding name in the end.

Yup, I figured the trash can stuff would work well for awhile. I hope at least till I am out of college and into the real career so I could hopefully afford to upgrade parts at a time.

I'm in Marion, about an hour or so north of Columbus. Been taking a look at the Mercs site and its really impressive all the events and causes that everyone gets around to. Can't wait to do that once I get this completed over the winter.

Ha Novall you would like his name :lol:
As for Talon, boy that avatar pic looks familiar (primal rage anyone :lol:)
Yeah, black and white is really nice, I will sub to this thread, and keep an eye on ya'.
Welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask questions, we'll help with what we can.

heh Yup. Good 'ol Primal Rage, Talon was always my favorite. :D

And thanks, I'm sure I'll be asking questions as I go on. Lots of resources and helpful people here so should be able to get some good help. I'll guarantee some when I get to my gauntlets, girth belt, and ammo pouches for sure.

I managed to pick up some cans today, hope to start working on them in the next week or so depending on how busy I am with school and stuff. I also messed around with a Star Wars name generator and think I came up with a last name. And I was sort of surprised to see Talon come up on the list for first names. But this is one of the last names that I liked while reading through and no matter how many others I paired with Talon it seemed to stick. So it no longer will be just a nickname but my mandos true name, Talon Na`Varr.

Some other members recommended using a Dremel, which is a great idea, rather then the score and snap method. But I figure why not use my SoniCrafter since that will create less mess with all the plastic and should be easier to control.

I'll try and get some pics when I cut them if I can get my camera to work. Someone dropped it at a wedding that I went to last weekend and the lens won't go back in. :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, talk about a blast from the past. Ladyhawke with Matthew Broderick, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Rutger Hauer as Captain Navarre. I know I've got that somewhere in my collection.

I've been doing some thinking and I think so that my gear would better fit in with the environment I am planning to be my main focus, I'm going to have to make a white poncho. I think that is sort of a good way to keep my armor the way I like it but blend in with snow better. If I plan on being a sharpshooter, staying hidden is my best ally.

Just something to add more depth to my character, even if it might not get much use.

Yeah, I just bought one for my snow mando, I plan on cutting it up a little to make a cape and kama out of it.
I want to get the pants, but they're too expensive, so I'm just gonna get Dickies in white for the jumpsuit like Lifeburn did, but I'll paint the same cammo pattern onto the Dickies and vest to get my snow done.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back