strongest armor

jebby10

Jr Hunter
hi, i was just wondering who makes the strongest armor. i don't mind spending money on quality looking parts. i do mind having to be careful with them cause their so fragile they will break. If i'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on armor it should be just that. Having said that i'm not expecting it to be used as actual armor. i just want something thats not going to crack easily and i can wear and not worry the whole time if it's going to break. i have not purchased anything from any one here yet although i intend to, it just seems lately with my purchases that prices are soaring up and quality going down. anyhow not to single out anyone because all the work ive seen here is just amazing. i just want to know from people that have purchased armor here which armor would suit me best if i was going for strength and durability.

I have pondered the same thing. I am a rough and tumble sort. I put my FX armor through hell. I hope do be able to do the same with my Fett.

I am not an authority on the subject. I have seen many post pushing FP V3 armor (fiberglass), but I have gone with wickedbeard all metal armor. I do have his gauntlets on hand, but I am waiting on delivery of his armor. If the armor is anywhere near the quality of the gauntlets, I should be in good shape. Just my opinion (hope).

i thought fp v3 is vacuformed plastic, abs i believe. i have the v2 armor of the same material and i've trooped it pretty hard so far and all i've got to show for damage is a crack in the cod piece from my own foolishness.

but if you want some heavy duty armor then wickedbeard's metal armor is the way to go.

hi, i was just wondering who makes the strongest armor. i don't mind spending money on quality looking parts. i do mind having to be careful with them cause their so fragile they will break. If i'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on armor it should be just that. Having said that i'm not expecting it to be used as actual armor. i just want something thats not going to crack easily and i can wear and not worry the whole time if it's going to break. i have not purchased anything from any one here yet although i intend to, it just seems lately with my purchases that prices are soaring up and quality going down. anyhow not to single out anyone because all the work ive seen here is just amazing. i just want to know from people that have purchased armor here which armor would suit me best if i was going for strength and durability.

I had the same frame of mind when I started all of this. I didn't plan on cutting many corners with the armor. I've had other costumes where I have and it's not worth it...My snowtrooper was made of styrene and that thing was constantly cracking!

WICKEDBEARD IS WHO YOU SEEK!!! I went with him and every time I put on the armor, I'm glad I went with him. It's all made of thin metal but it's not too heavy. It will never break and is somewhat pliable and forgiving with movement. My left gauntlet is the only heavy item and that is mainly because I have the machined flame thrower and rocket upgrade on it. It's nothing unbearable at all though. I highly recommend Jeff...

I wanted to put a deposit down on my armor this week, but as yet, havent gotten a reply back from FP or WB. So, am anxiousely waiting.

Yeah, I think FP stuff is all vac formed now, as that is connon to the real suit. FP did make a smaller number of Fg armour sets a while back in like 04-06. I have one of those sets, and it is nearly indestructable!!!! I don't wear mine anymore, but its still my all-time favorite set, and although his newer stuff is more accurate shape/size wise, the older stuff is still highly accurate.

My set of armor is made from 14 gauge aluminum. I could probably get hit by a truck and not damage the armor. Get in touch with Novall Talon, he makes metal armor this thick.

You need to want to destroy the FP v.3. It´s thick, durable ABS with outstanding details!

If you want something you can run a car over, probably wickedbeards:)

New here, working on my first set as well. I actually inherited a 4' x 8' piece of 1/8 " thick steel sheet when I bought my house last year. Using the scaled templates from wizardoflight I was able to cut out accurate armor using a diablo brand steel cutting blade with a circular saw and cleaned up the edges with a jig. I then just used a benzo torch to heat up the steel and was able to bend the armor to fit my body, and now feel pretty much bullet proof. If you are looking for strength and you can acquire the steel for a reasonable price this is the way to go. each chest plate ways about 1.5 lbs, the back armor is the heaviest part weighing in at about 9 lbs. A little heavy but I can still move freely and like I said....feels bullet proof (wouldn't test it though, haha :)). Now I just need to paint and weather...
pics to come.

my armor is forged aluminum... about 1/4" thick, hammered into shape by a smith. unfortunately he's not really around these communities anymore due to some issues that are best left to history.

as for strength... it can't be beat. it's heavy... even though it's aluminum, it still has some weight.

the back plate is steel, because he had a hard time getting the details right in AL on a piece that big/flat.

3128183889_d4f87e187f.jpg

it comes up for sale around here every now and then. armor by "durasteel".

Aluminum armor is pretty darn strong. I make 2mm armor (only do custom mandos however) using reclaimed road signs. It's tested stab proof, fall proof, stairs proof, kid proof, and rust proof. Like Stormtrooperguy said even though it's aluminum it's not all that light, my entire kit rolls in at 80lbs. I consider that a small price to pay for having realistic looking/feeling armor.

Metal just can't be beat!

I ended up going with Wickedbeard for my armor and gaunts because ,well, I have 3 lil psuedo-destructive ewoks. lol
Im uber excited for these to come in. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back