WIP: ROTJ EE-3 Blaster weathering

Lactard

New Hunter
By the advice of Takemetoyourfett, I'm working on weathering my blaster. It's half-way done. Just gotta flip it over and repeat after this side dries. This is my first attempt so be nice.

camerapics104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really follow any specific blueprints Bob'ika. I started with some photos I found searching TDH and looking at my own Master Replicas EE-3 blaster. However, I basically just went with my own "artist interpretation" version as this was my first attempt. I'm quite satisfied with the results of the paint scheme I used on this resin copy despite all of its subtle and not so subtle inaccuracies in the copy. You can't beat the weight difference between this and the MR for trooping. Maybe someday I'll order a Sidewinder or Stormrider replica casting to get a little more movie accurate. But for now this will do as 99% of the general population will never know the difference!!

Finally finished. Complete with Matte Clear coat and comparison to the MR.
camerapics180.gif

camerapics179.jpg

camerapics178.jpg

camerapics177.jpg

camerapics176.jpg

camerapics175.jpg

camerapics174.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty good.

My advice would be this in future attempts.

In the old guns, the rust builds up in recesses, as thats where its hard to whipe.

Scratches happen on places that protrude from the gun.

Usually ill dab into the recesses with a thinned paint, and then whipe clean over it.

It adds a touch of realism that you cant put your finger on.

This looks pretty good however, for a first run at it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back