Why did you pick ESB or ROTJ Boba Fett?

I went ROTJ because of the pack, cape, and gaunts. I prefer the ESB helmet, and EE-3, but you can't have it all.. Unless you build two!

Being a huge fan of the comics, most of them featured the ROTJ version. So while Fett on screen didn't have much airplay, the comics and books were big for me. Don't get me wrong, ESB is my favourite film by far, but the ROTJ Boba...to me....he's been places. It looks/feels more to me that he's been through a lot based on the heavily weathered fatigues, armor, etc. The fact that he lived through all that and still stands is a real test of his character to me.

My first costume attempt turned into an ROTJ, because I got tired of green paint. My the new and last one is ESB because I think ESB is the better film. The older I get, the less I like ROTJ. SW and ESB hold up better. Those films have great character humor, where ROTJ has dumb comedy.

ROTJ has more of a "Western" feel to it. Possibly because its more weathered and worn out than ESB. Though ESB is my favorite film ROTJ costume is just cooler plus how can you not love the gun! SO AWESOME.

In other words, the ROTJ SE :D

True, but I didn't really notice his costume in SE and didn't know the specifics of it when I was deciding. I basically learned about it from this site and by then I already had it in my mind to go ROTJ.

Jedi was always my favorite , I loved the color set up , I love esb how close the armor is on the heat I think looks really cool and the Helmet is a work of art , so I prefer the SE becuase it's a mix of the two and I love that

I just started my Empire Strikes Back Boba, because i think (as almost everybody here) that ESB is just amazing.

The first time i saw Boba Fett was in ESB, so much mystery and deadly attitude, we could feel his presence just as Vader... I wouldn't say the same about Boba in ROTJ, which to me appears to be kind of a "retired" bounty hunter who's enjoying life in Jabba's palace, with fancy colours on his gauntlets / jetpack (which are, to me, totally useless for a bounty hunter to be that visible... At least the green gaunts / jetpack were kind of a camo).

Technically all the toys i had and the image i had of Boba was the ROTJ version, that's why i had a hard time choosing which one i would start. But the easiest way to decide myself was to look at Boba's scenes in ESB, then in ROTJ. No more hesitation, i would pick ESB and would be PROUD of it.

So here i am, starting my great journey with the Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett. :)

I went with the RotJ because I liked the weathered look that he has. I love the darker green with the deep red gauntlets. I will say I am not a huge fan of the jet pack colors, but hey, if Boba will wear it, I will also

In all honesty I love all his Preproduction and ROTJ looks (I love all for different reasons)...but I'm going for ESB. It is the definitive Boba and my personal favourite. The badass helmet, the weathering on it is so intricate and just BEAUTIFUL to look at.
He looks way more lethal and I think the dull shades of olive green add a military vibe which appeals to me better...All of him looks realistically crafted and believable as a ruthless hunter. There's something about ESB that stands out to me more and its a lot considering ROTJ is almost up there.
People would argue the jetpack and gauntlets are just a solid green but technically they're actually not lol...If you've painted them you would know its more to that. I love the western feel with the spur sounds as he moved too...it feels very menacing.
OH PLUS he's got a sidearm, if he looses his rifle he's got another advantage among many other surprise attacks! HA! Watch out Solo.
Like I said, ESB Boba Fett is a winner for me, definitive Boba hands down. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ESB fett looks more menacing, not so keen on the red gauntlets and the blue and yellow on the jet pack of the ROTJ version. ESB fett looks more evil.

I went SE because I prefer the colours associated with ROTJ but liked the ESB helmet. However there are still little bits of the ESB that I can't have like the ankle wraps which I love. I also have the stirrup noise on my ROTJ although I'm not sure that correct

Originally I was planning to build an ROTJ. I liked the red on the Gauntlets and I liked the look for the EE-3. The Jet Pack was the killer though. The amount of colors there that to me just didn't look all that good together and I thought it actually took away from the character was what convinced me to choose the ESB Version. So, for me, it was mostly cosmetics. I also think that there is a tougher, harder feel to the character itself in ESB than in Jedi. I think Fett needs that. Just my two cents though.

Went with ESB because I appreciated uniform colors. ROTJ colors where nice but it felt to eccentric and loud for my taste.Overall, I think the ESB colors mixed well with the light blue jumpsuit, and the EE3 screamed space Clint Eastwood.
12250021_556116121208907_18941390805180934_n.jpg

I am currently doing my first Boba Fett build and this was the question that really postponed the project. I eventually decided on ESB and now that I've started the process I couldn't be happier with my decision. The thing that did it for me was the uniformity of the suit, jet pack, armor, gauntlets and cape. Of course the helmet is just so stinking bad ass and looked like a super fun challenge to paint. I also think the ESB EE-3 is way cooler than the ROTJ. It's like Retro Futuristic! If that's even a thing lol. There were aspects of the ROTJ I really liked or the ROTJ SE but in the end I felt that all that color led to feelings of an action figure...a bit toy like. Especially his jet pack. Of course this is a very opinionated thread and I expect people to think I'm stupid but think about it...the first time he was introduced on film he immediately became the galaxies most mysterious bad ass. I mean this guy is known for disintegrating people!!! That was iconic for me and felt like that was the feeling I wanted to induce in people when they saw me in my suit.

Here's the journey so far and there is so much more to come.

Boba Fett

Cheers
-Cameron

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back