SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett!

Lucky kid. My oldest wanted to do Fett soooo bad this year (he's 5), but everything available was too big for him. So he'll prolly take his MR yoda FX saber and go Jedi, again. lol I'm prolly gonna order a full FettPride set-up, armor and gaunts. (my MR sig helmet arrives today and I'm giddier than a schoolgirl.

Thanks!! Yeah I figured if I was going to do this I was going to do it right and not have to be plagued by forever upgrading. lol!

Sorry bout the wait. Had FAR too much fun today. Here are some pics of me (Fett), my two sons (custom Mando painted by me, armor purchased here) and a Rubies Jawa (which was surprisingly awesome) and my wife who just LOVES the whole disemboweled Zombie thing....

We had a BLAST! In costume from 2pm til about 8pm, and man are my shoulders sore from the jetpack! I had 2 very small "casualties", but nothing major or big deal. I need to make a few slight adjustments, and again, it might not look weathered, but Daz did a fantastic job of weathering the soft parts and painting the hard parts! The next time I don the outfit, I know exactly how to get it perfect and mint (at least for the eye slike us that notice every little thing out of place!)

I want to toss a fast thank you to everyone here coz, honestly, without TDH I wouldn't have had the best costume ever for the best Halloween ever!
And of course to Daz and his wife, for without them I wouldn't have a simply amazing Boba Fett.....to Terminal Fettler for the life saving boots, and to Fettronics for the awesome, bright as all hell, and longest lasting lights!

'ere ya' go! First 3 shots are after our long day of costuming so we were all a wee bit wonky, the last shot is right at the start. ;)
I'll have to go through the rest to find some more good ones to post.......after I pass out for a few days. hehe

J

131BobaZombie.jpg

131BobaGunA.jpg

131JayRyMarc2.jpg

131LisaMarc1.jpg

131JayRyMarc5.jpg

131BobaGun.jpg

131Jay.jpg

131Jay4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thankfully the weather held out and it was gorgeous out! A bit chilly after dark, but I dint feel a thing! LOL

Lemme tell ya' dude....with Daz...it's so worth the wait. You wouldn't believe the trouble customs gave me, plus DHL simply being the worst service in the universe and then the $400+ in duty fees, but when I got it home and started unpacking it all with my wife....holy ****. Pictures don't do his work justice. The man is an artist, and how he and his wife fit the entire thing to me like a glove with just a few measurements is mindblowing.
I'll have to find pics of my Vader when I trooped at my sons school for Halloween handing out candy to the whole place a few years ago. While I LOVE Vader and the suit is awesome, this Fett outfit really just makes me happier. Is that strange? LOL

Oh and man do people need to get cultured....I woz called a Driod, a Stormtrooper, Jango Fett, and a Space Alien today. Everyone loved the costume and we walked all over the place and got recognized, but it did make me shake my head and face palm at how some just dint know who Boba Fett is!! I had other fathers know of course, and really REALLY young kids did, but some people you'd think lived in a cave the past 3 decades. lol Although the 3 year old little girl dressed as a fairy was cute. I was just standing there staring off into space completely zoning out, dint see her, and I started moving....well she jumped out of her skin, but as soon as I saw that and bent down to wave to her, she got real brave, stepped towards me, waved back and yelled "BYE BA BA FETT!"

I love this stuff, I swear! LOL

J

LOL No doubt. I've got Wickedbeard makin/paintin my armor and Ladysewforus,DarthCarcinus, and Arkady doin my soft parts. Like Daz's work, it'll take a while, but be worth every minute of wait. Glad you had a "Fett-tabulous" night. BTW- your son's Mando costume rocks! :)

Grats and thanks!! He loved his mando. He came up with a story (wanted to be Boba's long lost, secret son LOL) and he and I painted it up together, starting with silver first coat, masking off the parts he wanted to show through (even some blue on the Jango bucket we used), then doing the green, masking more, doing the black and fixing it to the jumpsuit we ordered for him.

After we peeled off the battle-damage masking, I took some black paint and misted it to weather it up some more. Since the armor is sintra, I used a 10 minute drying texture paint that they use for like outdoor patio plastic chairs and tables. It really added to the effect having the colors textured and the damage smooth silver.

I think he wants to go for a new color scheme next year, but we'll mask off parts of this year's colors to show through with each change to really give it that realistic lived-in look.

My wife's into photgraphy a bit so we want to set up a photoshoot type deal when we get the time. :love

J

Sounds like you've got a kid with a great imagination and you're doing a good job feeding his creativity. Never know, he could be a future Lucas Arts designer/writer... :)

You are in Badlands territory, my friend! And we'd love to have you.

Come visit us at www.badlands.ca and learn all you need about joining Badlands and the 501st. BC is covered by the Outer Rim Squad, which is a part of the Badlands Garrison. At the moment the members are a little spread out but we're gaining new members all the time and working to build a great Squad! Come visit us!!

You are in Badlands territory, my friend! And we'd love to have you.

Come visit us at www.badlands.ca and learn all you need about joining Badlands and the 501st. BC is covered by the Outer Rim Squad, which is a part of the Badlands Garrison. At the moment the members are a little spread out but we're gaining new members all the time and working to build a great Squad! Come visit us!!

Thanks so much and oh man, I've been reading!! :lol:
At this point, my wife and I are coming up with the possible numbers to put on my application and I'm firing it off. I've been hemming and hawing for some reason, but I think I'm over that now. LOL

J

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back