SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett!

DP74

Hunter
So I've been working at Super-Slow speed at getting my BobaMaker Boba Fett ready for Halloween this year. After finally finishing my two son's costumes (one a kid Mando using the armor by TK2280 and the other a Jawa), I've had a few minutes here and there to get mine fitted to me right and ready to roll. Today I finally woz able to have a test fitting after trying for about 2 weeks to find the time to. I asked my wife to take a few shots - don't mind the sun, everything is painted and weathered just incredibly by DAZ. lol

The parts are as follows :
Everything but the Boots, Lights, Girth, braids and cape - DAZ aka the amazing bobamaker

Lights - Fettronics
Boots - The lifesaver terminal fettler.
Girth - Got and sprayed myself from horseloverz.com as suggested via PM from woodman.
Cape - TheGhraveArtist
Wookie Braids - Wal*Mart :lol:

This outfit is far better than my Vader for a number of reasons, the most obvious is the cool factor and the nice COMFORTIBILITY and LIGHT WEIGHT of it. The jetpack is the heaviest part and that's a breeze!!

I'm so excited! I think it looks fantastic so I wanted to throw a post up here because, well honestly, if it wasn't for you guys here at TDH I would never have been able to do this! And there's only a few little things I need to fix - the lights I didn't turn on for the shots, the Jetpack is hanging a bit too low, which is no problem with a fast harness adjustment, and the wookiebraids but they'll do until my wife finished braiding up the horsehair for me. ;)

Thank you all for your knowledge, help and direction. :love

Please be gentle. It's my first time. LOL!!

J

Picture 004a.jpg

Picture 005a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now all you need is a costume for your little friend! :lol: Looks Good (y)

LOL Yeah he had to get into the shot. He's a ham that way!

As for the belt, Yep!! Everything but the lights, braids, cape, girth and boots are BM. He does amazing work. The belt comes with the velcro ready to set up, too!

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I really appreciate it. ;)

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much all!! It means alot to get the thumbs up from you lot. (y)
The sun and flash on the closer shot really took out all of the weathering Daz did to the soft parts and stuff. I promise it's filthy! LOL
I'll have to make sure and post proper pics with proper lighting so everyone can see just how cool it looks the next time I suit up on Halloween. :lol:

Thanks alot again guys! :cheers

Yeah, man. No pics ever do Daz's work justice. Not to detract AT ALL from anyone else here - I mean there are some incredible artists here. I just have yet to see any of their work in person and Daz spoiled me! LOL

I hope to get to some cons with this and mingle with the great costumers and artists here, and eventually apply to the 501st. I think not only will it be a fun thing for my family and I to get involved in, but the good cause and value of the charity work the 501st is involved in is a great lesson for our kids. ;)

Thanks, eagc!!

Yeah, dsonik, I've been really toying around with the idea of applying for years now, and while I had a vader that could do it, a car accident back in 06 killed my back and vader is just TOO heavy now a days. I retired him last year and contacted Daz in November after joining up here and doing extensive / obsessive reading. So now with Fett, and the character really being a childhood obsession like Vader if not far worse, I'm REALLY excited at the prospect. So my loving wife and fantastic kids are now nudging me more and more to give it a shot with the 501st.

The only issue is finding a Garrison that's really active here in Abbotsford, BC Canada!! LOL

Gotta tell ya. You know your a lucky man when the wife WANTS you to build a Fett suit. I, luckily, am in the same boat on that one. Although, she may be starting a Boush suit once my Fett gets further along. lol

Thanks, Firespray! :cheers

No kidding, dsonik!!! LOL
When I talked to Daz and got the whole listing and price sheet, I went to her and told her wot I woz thinking, and she smiled at me and simply said "It doesn't matter what it costs. Will it make you happy? Then do it." Now our youngest son has his custom Mando he and I painted and weathered up from the kid mando armor I got here, our middle son has a Jawa he absolutely loves and our oldest is "too old / too cool" for Halloween right now but he can't hide the smile when I'm in my get-up - he gets a kick out of it. All that's left is to convince the wife to get involved, and while she digs costuming, she's not crazy about it like we all are and zombies and horror are more her thing, although we have had great times at the Ren Faire years ago. :love She's a good crowd controller though for when the mod out on Halloween spot me. LOL
And yeah I forgot to switch on the lights in my hurry to get some fast shots, but I have to say, the Fettronic lights are INSANELY bright! I took them outside to check them out in the sunlight and they show up great. I can only imagine Halloween night!:lol:

Here's a fast shot of our youngest in his custom Mando all painted and weathered by me. The helmet is one of those Rubies Jango deals, and he wanted to have some blue showing, so that's on purpose! LOL I plan to post as many pics as we can take on Halloween!

KidMandoDone5.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back