The begining of a new hobby.

tinorris

New Hunter
Hello,

I have made up my mind to try to make some armor of my own. I'm still working on how it will look, but the colors I'm thinking about using are black, red and a hint of silver. Since its my first try at this I am planing to use the trashcan plan (just need to find the cans :p) For the weapons I am going to be using the Nerf longshot and the recon.

Here is were some of the questions I have if you all don't mind. What grit sandpaper would be best to sand the marking off. Also is there a way of removing the cocking handle from the longshot w/o braking it?

The last but most important piece the bucket. I am wondering were to start with one. I have read around here that the costume one is not the best to go with, and I lack the skills at this time to make one from scrach.

Thanks for letting me rant and I love looking at all the wonderful work that goes on here at TDH.

I started on the blaster today, got it all taken apart then started to scrape the logos off. It didn't turn out to well as I put a lot of nics in the poor thing.

IMG_1103.jpg

But due to it being my B-day I was able to con my wife into some new toys to help work on everything :)

IMG_1104.jpg

Then I think I found the right trashcan for the armor. I will be printing and start marking hopefully on Monday.

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope to have more for you all soon.

Sorry that I did not post anything last night. I was tracing the armor on the can. Thank you wizardofflight for the templates, they have been so helpful.
IMG_1109.jpg

Well I was thinking the the sharpie would bleed through the paper but it has not yet so I'm still going over the lines. On the other hand I have finished the sanding for the blaster. I tried the Dremel on one of the grips and I didn't like how it turned out. So I removed the rest of the marking by hand. Here are some shots how they turned out.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Thanks for looking and any input would be welcome.

Looking good so far. Nerf guns are pretty much standard for a custom kit nowadays, you did a good job getting that logo off.

As to the armor, can't say much about that until we see it cut out and painted. But looks like you got it traced out good. =)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back