Prayers & good thoughts needed.

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
Michelle's surgery yesterday did not go as well as we had thought. The pain she was experiencing yesterday after the procedure was due to a perforation in her esophagus from the balloon inflation to treat her Achalasia. This tear allowed stomach fluids to enter her chest area around her lungs and heart. This is a very very bad thing.
We went to the E.R. at 3 am and she was in surgery at 8 am to repair the tear and remove all of the fluid, which saved her life. (If there is a delay in diagnosis, the mortality rate exceeds 90%)
While yesterday's procedure was done via a tube down her throat, this morning's required actual cutting in her side to drain the fluids and actually do the repair.. She will also have a G tube put in place for feeding since swallowing food isn't possible. This tube will be in there for approx 3 months.
She is in ICU now and resting.She will remain in the hospital for 7-10 days.
I would appreciate your kind words, prayers, and well wishes.
She is my life.

ah brother, that is terrible news...deepest of thoughts, and many prayers from oklahoma will be with you...we wish you the best...

Oh Nathan, nothing that I can verbalize can express what I feel.

My heart is with you all.

Our prayers are with Michelle, you and your family!

Hang in there!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back