ROTJ Armor Paintup (AOSW) *BIG UPDATE*

OK! After going to WLC (boooo), Disney World (YAY!), and the field a whole bunch of times in between, I've finally been able to get the main paint jobs done on both my cod piece and kidney plate (It's no longer a butt-plate :) )

Please excuse how TERRIBLE the lighting in these pictures are. We just got snowed on (again) and it was already getting dark, so the colors seem REALLY off, but you guys get the general idea

DSCN2597.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2609.jpg

Here are a few "shot by shot" comparisons of certain details I tried to exactly (heh, nothing's EXACT) replicate from the AOSW exhibit photos.

Cod-piece dent:
codcompare.jpg

Kidney-plate damage 1:
buttplatecompare.jpg

Kidney-plate damage 2:
buttplatecompare2.jpg

Have a few more little details to include (scratches, touch ups on the yellow) and then its onto pastel rubs and weathering! Can't wait.

Take care guys.

great work! my cod is aosw style, but i filled the dent for mom compatibility. i've always thought the dent down there was pretty cool though. you know that it represents a real "i'm glad i had this armor on" moment.

great work! my cod is aosw style, but i filled the dent for mom compatibility. i've always thought the dent down there was pretty cool though. you know that it represents a real "i'm glad i had this armor on" moment.

"Ok, I can still have kids" said Boba as he realized the Duraplast cod piece saved his manhood.

Awesome! I've been following this thread even before I joined. This will help enormously when my armor arrives. Keep up the fantastic work!

I do like the way you did the transfer paper and tracing here...Worked out better than the helmet. Im guessing you took lessons learned and applied them here. Looks great. How did you keep from having the transfer outline on the armor after you liquid mask over it like was happening on the helmet?

I do like the way you did the transfer paper and tracing here...Worked out better than the helmet. Im guessing you took lessons learned and applied them here. Looks great. How did you keep from having the transfer outline on the armor after you liquid mask over it like was happening on the helmet?

Here's what I do:

When tracing the stencil onto the armor, trace on the outside of the line. Then, when you use the liquid mask, try and get it as inside the line as you can. After you airbrush, if you so happen to see a little bit of graphite transfer on your armor, it erases off real easy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back