Starting my custom mando...finally

frenchydrums

New Hunter
Hello everyone! Ive been a member here at TDH for about a year, and Im just now getting time to start my custom mando, needless to say Im pretty stoked! Ive been checking the boards off and on and soaking up different techniques on armor and painting, as well as watching tutorial videos Ive found on youtube. I think Im ready now, thanks for all the info everyone!

Im going with the "trash can" armor, it seems fairly easy to work with and even formable with a bit of heat. Has anyone tried making "trash can" gauntlets? just curious...if its too much of a hassle Ill use cardboard.

The helmet will probably be the last thing i worry about, the time and money I see people putting into them is way more than i have right now (working full time, playing in 3 bands, and still have to be a dad = no time lol). Im thinking about just using one of the clone trooper voice changer helmets for the time being, with a little modding to the visor and some gap filling they look pretty good. i know its not a mando lid...but hey, its a custom right?

As far as weapons go, Im a huge Star Wars nut and I have blasters coming out of my ears! Altho nerf makes some nice pieces... I really want to do a bowcaster, I saw some pics Jax posted with bowcaster and it really fired me up!

Heres my paint idea:
CostumeDesign2.jpg

Ill post updates and pics as I make progress, wish me luck!
Feel free to post any questions, comments, or advice. Thanks again everyone!:cheers

yup I love the colors... those r the colors of the school I got my degree from! lol Also similar colors to my cyar'ika's armor

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back