MOJO's ROTJ Helmet

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
I was asked a little while ago by Gav to paint up his latest helmet in the ROTJ style, here I will document the progress I made but for now here are a few shots that show the damage I carved into the helmet as per the reference photos, you will also see the helmet after its base coat of Humbrol silver No11 much more to come..... (y)

S8301056.JPG

S8301061.JPG

S8301066.JPG

Oooh...
*sits down with popcorn*

Can't wait for the rest of the pics Joe... from what I've seen via text? more goodies to come... (y)

Yay HeadlessHunter,

now is the time for the ROTJ paintjob layered!

I have done mine about 95% now.

I´ll keep an eye on this thread now to see how yours turns out!

Good luck bro!

Manuel

Just realised I'd jumped ahead of myself there, that's what happens when you upload photos after coming in from the pub :lol: The photos above show the main green of the back panels however before that I masked all the silver damage and applied 2 thin layers of grey to account for the damage that shows through in certain areas, once that had dried I remasked the grey and then applied the green, here are photos showing the grey applied (y)

S8301071.JPG

S8301072.JPG

Ha ha, knew it wouldn't take you long mate :) Masking removed, after this stage I remasked certain areas of the silver that show through brighter, and lightly misted with a satin black

S8301077.JPG

S8301078.JPG

Masking fluid is used to cover areas of paint you don't want to paint over i.e. silver battle damage areas, you simply paint it on with a brush, let it dry then paint over with your chosen colour, once that paint is dry you simply peel off the masking fluid, as its basically liquid latex, to reveal your battle damage areas, great stuff (y)

UPDATE

Here is a better shot of the back, since the last time I have added the grey overspray to the right hand panel and begun scratching in some more of the damage with a fine compass point, the next two shots show the almost completed dome, cheeks and under cheeks

S8301087.JPG

S8301086.JPG

S8301088.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back