Celebration V: Which Clones are going?

Replicant Shadow

Active Hunter
I was having second thoughts about posting this so early. But, as anybody knows in costuming, time flys by very fast so I guess it really couldn't hurt. It is the 30th Anniversary of Empire, and that is THE Star Wars film I dig the best, for very obvious reasons. The tone of this event, with Boba Fett being such a promiment character of Empire, is gonna be rogue. Which will translate to great partying during the evening hours :cheers.

So, are there any Clones here that are considering going to Celebration V ?

I think I'm going. I've never flown commercial with a suit before. I'll be taking my animated ARF. That's the plan at this point.

It's tough flying with gear. I hate it. You never know how the TSA people are going to handle your property. In 2006 for Dragon Con, I shipped everything Fed-Ex 3-Day, in advance of my arrival date. That so far has been the best thing to do. I hope LFL and whom ever announce a definative date and location soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've told the wife about it. We've got a timeshare I could use as lodging (If we know where to book... and if it is early enough)

How much did it cost to ship your stuff Fed-EX?

@ Clone Collector. It was roughly $300. I was gonna send it 24 hour overnight, but that would have been close $500. I will not miss the 1/2 a grand reunion this time LOL! The way you and James told that story after the fact had on me on the floor!

I will be shipping three costumes. I am building out a OSCS Clone Wars ARF. Those guys were impressive at SDCC. The helmets are trick too. I hear you Darren, this economy is unforgiving, but I have confidence that by Spring things will be way better.

Im hoping to go as well. Not sure how the money will be, since Ive been out of work since June of '08.. (dam Mi automotive ind. ) I hope its close. :)

Killer Jason! I can't wait to oggle on your Sci-Fire! lol! Has anybody heard any latest on venue at this time?

The Sci fire suit trully was a dream build. I built it so fast I had no idea what was happening until it was done.

As for the venue, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Orlando. Word has been there are three cities in the running and Orlando was one. The other cities I heard would be cool, but as con's go Orlando would be the most ideal for us. The hotels are very close to the convention center and there are many motorozed walkways. Convient to food sources, and lots of bars! On a side note, we have a lot of good connections with some of the hotels as 501 guys. We have some amazing hotel parties there durring some cons. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for a home town CV.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back