Suggestions for purchasing for new member

jungletrooper

New Hunter
Hello, New member here. I have done the full scale hunt for a proper Boba Fett costume and/or Jango Fett. Now I have seen many parts for sale, but not any really good fully complete costumes for sale. I heeded the advice of others regarding startrader, and already got burned regarding a ****** costume purchased on ebay.

Any suggestions as to where to find a good proper website for purchasing a legitamately looking good costume?

Thanks
Jungletrooper

Welcome to the boards. You're not going to find a complete costume for sale. Members here sell different parts of the costume. Some parts go on sale at the cargo hold from time to time. I suggest you do some research and I highly recommend buying from the members here. Ebay is not a good place if you want a quality costume.

you are at it, brother...:) it is difficult to find a complete setup for sale, but they do sometimes pop up now and then when the individual comes across hard times, or other issues that may lead them to sell...:)

my suggestion is, if you are not on a timeline, and you have the funds, purchase your items from vendors here, and then if you need to have it painted, there are individuals that offer that service as well...(y)

you can find all your Fett needs here at TDH, it just may take some time to piece together the best Fett possible, but it is so worth the wait, and time spent in doing so...best of luck!! :cheers

IIRC newer members cannot access the Cargo hold right away.
So, come in & look around.
then make a few meaningful posts 9like you've already done) and soon you will have access to the candy store , I mean Cargo Hold.

Thanks for the notice fella's. I will be putting it together from the Cargo hold once I have full membership rpivlidges. If anybody wants to contact me directly, thats cool too. Still holding out hope for a full costume too.

I got burned by Ebay with this one costume, though the softparts are actually pretty decent, the hard parts really suck, and it shows someone that has no pride in their work. And I got burned for a pretty penny too.

Though I was very lucky with the Clonetrooper, Predator and Vader costume I purchased, as they were spot on and done with quality workmanship.

Currently purchasing a few standup manaquins, so I can display them in my house when I am not wearing them.

Was hoping to get a full costume before this halloween, but I am thinking I started to late, and pinned my hopes to the wrong train via ebay.

Sadly I wish I had the craftsman abilities some of you have shown, as the weathering and detail on some of these parts are better than movie quality.

Thanks again
Jungletrooper

every now and then a full suit comes up, but you typically get more $$ when you part it out than selling as a whole, and you move it faster.

there aren't as many folks willing to drop 3-4 grand on a full suit as there are people willing to spend $500 on some gauntlets.

Yeah, That is a good point. I guess its Predator for Halloween this year, Boba Fett next year. Jengo Fett 2011.

Never settle for a Halloween Costume, always get the best. Its the one time a year (Besides the Con) when you be your favorite Charachter.

Welcome!!

If your new to the costume of Boba Fett the FIRST thing you need to know is which Fett costume do you want..:confused

there is the SE Fett, the ESB, the ROTJ... not to mention the pre-pros and Jango as well.

that may single out the different types of Gaunts, rocket packs, helmets...etc.
Keep in mind, that if you want quality. Be ready to spend at least $3000-$4000 for a decent suit... also including your time to assemble and make your own stuff if you decide to do that.

and with the way the economy is right now, you'll find great deals.(y)

Do your home work, and use the search function on the forum.

PM me if you have any q?
:cheers
Good luck.

and I'd start on the helmet... it'll keep you motivated.

Thanks again, I have passed on some sketchy possible purchases right now. Hopefully something good will pop up on ebay, with someone that might be wanting cash for a good outfit.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back