Humbrol in airbrush - is that ok?

Lisa

Jr Hunter
I have an airbrush, and I'd like to try thinned Humbrol paint in it. Will the colours look right and dry ok? And will it be hard to clean the airbrush later?

I'm going to paint the ESB helmet, and I'm not sure if it's best to use the Humbrol paint list or the Pollyscale/MM/Floquil list.

Any advice? :)

I painted my helmet with Humbrol, and used Humbrol brand thinner. No problem. CLean the airbrush with white spirit. You´ll find that the enamels are easier to clean than acrylics. You should check out terminal fettlers step-by-step tutorial on painting ESB.

Thin it down approx 1:1 and it is fine.

Tip the Metallic 11 base silver for armour, helmet, jetpacks.....) is available in larger size tins.

Thanks, guys! I'm going for terminal fettlers list, it looks really good. :)

I'm sorry if I keep asking the same questions over and over, but I'm just sooo unsure, and I hate to do things twice, hehe. Thanks for your patience! ;)

Yeah, I've sprayed alot of Humbrols as well. You really gotta thin it out a lot!!!! I never measure exactly, but 1:1 sounds about right. It will also make a difference on how high of pressure you use also. lower pressure you need it thinned more, and higher pressure you need less thinning. I'm guessing 1:1 at 25-30 psi is about right, but you may have adjust your thinning a little bit one way or the other to get it just perfect.

I empty a pot and fill it with thinners and add that to the bottle. Sometimes add a little more depending on each colour, some are a little denser. I wish you could get all the range in bigger tins.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back